Quantcast

Sherando Shuttle-o-rama Saturday

jaekormtb

Chimp
Jan 29, 2002
South Korea & Virginia
The Stiffmeister is headed down saturday (June 26) along with some other DC folks for a bit of shuttle action at Sherando. Any other monkeys on board?? Could be camping out there or crashing at my pad in C-ville and terrorizing the local boozers. As a bonus, there's going to be some urban/trials going down in Richmond Sunday.Yabba-dabba-doo
J.Fro

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
jaekormtb said:
The Stiffmeister is headed down saturday (June 26) along with some other DC folks for a bit of shuttle action at Sherando. Any other monkeys on board?? Could be camping out there or crashing at my pad in C-ville and terrorizing the local boozers. As a bonus, there's going to be some urban/trials going down in Richmond Sunday.Yabba-dabba-doo
J.Fro
i may be up for doing a day trip thing... actually just dropped stiff off in my hood so he could ride back home after feasting on some delightful korean food courtesy of yechon in annandale.

what time you think you guys might get started? i'm thinking of leaving as early as possible on saturday morning (4am-7am? i'm flexible) and leaving cville sometime early evening (probably around 6-7pm).

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Richmond urban sunday? What time and where you guys meeting? I might come out on my bighit and be sluggish since my hecklers rear end is going away for service.

EDIT: how far is sherando from richmond? never driven out there alone or really ridden it so i might be interested.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
I would hope you're not going to ride the lame dirt roads, that's why you have the cars to drive on them!

I'm going to wait until the weather forecast is a little more trustworthy until I decide, but either way it's going to involve climbing. Maybe we'll run into you guys for a run or two.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Directions from the east using 64W would be appreciated greatly as i have no sense of direction and i will get lost.

jaekormtb

Chimp
Jan 29, 2002
South Korea & Virginia
Ok. Meeting at the first Sherando Lake parking lot (on the leftbefore the guard/pay station) at 10:30 AM. To get there, take exit 96 off I64 and go left toward Sherando. Stay left on that road and it turns into 664 (there's signs to Sherando). I'm not sure about the distance, but the road to Sherando Lake is 10-15 minutes ahead on the right. My phone number is 434-409-0023. Ring if you'll be a bit late.
Cheers
J.Fro

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
jaekormtb said:
Ok. Meeting at the first Sherando Lake parking lot (on the leftbefore the guard/pay station) at 10:30 AM. To get there, take exit 96 off I64 and go left toward Sherando. Stay left on that road and it turns into 664 (there's signs to Sherando). I'm not sure about the distance, but the road to Sherando Lake is 10-15 minutes ahead on the right. My phone number is 434-409-0023. Ring if you'll be a bit late.
Cheers
J.Fro
thanks for the directions. how long will it take to drive there from DC? i'm just trying to figure out when to leave. i figured it will probably take about 2.5 hours, so i'll plan on leaving around 7am to give me some extra time and not be late. it takes about an hour to get down to richmond and then people are saying about 1.5 hours to sherando from richmond.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Matt D said:
Depending on where you are in DC, you may want to take 29S to C'ville, then 64 W to Exit 96.
hmmmm? i'm in NW by the zoo. from where i live, i have easy access to 395, gw parkway, 66, and 50. i'm thinking of heading straight down 395 to 95 to get to richmond (should take a little over an hour) and then taking 64W out there.

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
just a reminder...remember what 95S looks like on a Saturday morning. It can be a complete mess. I would recommend taking 66W to 29S (Gainesville) to 64W or checking Trafficland.com before leaving.