Quantcast

Sherman Jumper axle-to-crown length at 80mm?

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
Hi,

Does anyone have the axle-to-crown length of an '05 Sherman Jumper at 80mm of travel? The new Answer-Manitou site lists the Gold Label 1 at 455mm, but doesn't say whether that is at 80 or 100mm of travel. I assume 80mm.

Thanks.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Colin I just measured my 2004 80mm Jumper at 18" axle to crown. 18"x 25.4= 457mm

You got a frame to put it on? I got some more Porters.

Rich

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dropmachine.com said:
You guys are seriously starting to take this Axle to crown crap way too far.
ya think? Like it hasn't been a stupid e measurement all along? If it isn't 4ft, you probably won't notice the difference.

That combines with the fact that most people run too high a stem/bars and too many spacers anyways makes it a tab bit pointless.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Exactly.

I hate to break it to some people here, but if your 5" travel fork is 4mm longer then the one you used to ride, IT AIN'T GONNA KILL YOU.

If you can't 360, its not the 4mm. If you can't make that hill, its not the 4mm. If you can't drop 10 feet, it's not the 4mm.

The only way that 4mm or so might affect you, is in thinking that its the 4mm thats stopping you from doing what you want to do.

Now the 888, with its extra inch, that i can see, especially for the racer boys. Not the end of the world though still, and it definately doesnt' make it unridable, as some would make it seem.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
dropmachine.com said:
Exactly.

I hate to break it to some people here, but if your 5" travel fork is 4mm longer then the one you used to ride, IT AIN'T GONNA KILL YOU.

Now the 888, with its extra inch, that i can see, especially for the racer boys. Not the end of the world though still, and it definately doesnt' make it unridable, as some would make it seem.

Hey smartass, what if you are talking about putting a 80 mm fork on a frame designed around a 100mm or 125mm fork? It might change the geometry a bit especially since an 80mm fork won't sag as much, don't you think? :rolleyes:

And if it bothers you that much why not ignore the thread? It not like he wants to know what color is better for freehucking 15 foot drops to flat.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Salami said:
Hey smartass, what if you are talking about putting a 80 mm fork on a frame designed around a 100mm or 125mm fork? It might change the geometry a bit especially since an 80mm fork won't sag as much, don't you think? :rolleyes:

And if it bothers you that much why not ignore the thread? It not like he wants to know what color is better for freehucking 15 foot drops to flat.
Seriously. Maybe you guys should think before you e-jump someone and have a congratulatory e-circlejerk afterwards.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Of course theres a difference, but you seem to have missed my point.

Honestly, I cant' even be bothered to explain, I could go on for hours. Lets just say this is a classic example of the latest trend in technical gibberish, gone awry once again.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
dropmachine.com said:
Of course theres a difference, but you seem to have missed my point.

Honestly, I cant' even be bothered to explain, I could go on for hours. Lets just say this is a classic example of the latest trend in technical gibberish, gone awry once again.
Humor me.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Fine.

Did you hear about Axle to crown a year or so ago? No. Why? cause really at the end of the day, those extra 20mm aren't going to kill you. MTB is NOT, as many would beleive, about the tech and the numbers. Of course you gotta use logic here, like not putting supermonsters on hardtails.

But its gotten way out of hand. If you lsitened to some, its like A2C is THE DEFINING measurement of what makes a bike ridable, and its really gotten quite silly.

You're probably right, i should have ignored the thread and not responded, but i didn't. My bad? maybe.

I'm still not wrong though.