Quantcast

Sherrando Apr. 2??

jaekormtb

Chimp
Jan 29, 2002
South Korea & Virginia
With all the action for Reddish on Sat, I thought I might throw out a line for a follow-up at Sherrando Sunday. I could take care of C-ville area accomodations for a few monkies Sat evening, as the GF is out of town for the weekend. Any takers for a Sunday Sherrando Shuttle? ' course another option is a Sunday C-ville urban/street ride!

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
I can do a trip 2 days in a row. Besides, some of the guys who can't make it out on Saturday might be able to on the 2nd. And if not then a local urban sounds good as long as you know where some good local ride spots are

jaekormtb

Chimp
Jan 29, 2002
South Korea & Virginia
There are a few different rides down:
Torry Ridge/Slacks; Torry Ridge/Blue Loop1; TR/Blue Loop2; TR all the way; Turkey Pen(the switchbacks trail); or the Jeep Road.
They're all pretty long, with rock gardens, steepies, waterbars, and maybe a bit of flat or climbing. It's a nice ride :). The ride up is mostly paved on the Parkway with a couple of miles of dirt road to the very top.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I'll be up there probably parking at the upper lake and riding up white oak>slacks, and then down torrey. I'll be up there early as I'll be out riding all day saturday and have to spend some qt with the misses. Hopefully I'll see you guys right as I hit the descent. Hell, If I'm really beat from saturday, I might be down to shuttle. Scratch that, if all you fockers come, denjen, sk6, jaekormtb, I'll shuttle with you guys.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Any one know how the more DH type trails are compared to Reddish knob? And which is easier to shuttle? If these trails are nice and easy to shuttle maybe that should be the next trip. It would be aleast an hour closer for most of us also.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
That is true but the 5 mile run up there sure make you go humm! I rode up there today and had a good time and it would seem that a DH bike would be too much for that area but as it stands the trail does point down for 95% for the trail and there are plenty of rocks, ruts, and roots to work around(go over).

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
And as Woody found out today, the climb is well worth the descent :cool:

That was a total blast, glad we got you up there man!

Woody, right after I pulled out of the Rockfish lot I realized I actually had sales training today and had to be there an hour early. Thats why I suddenly showed up on 64 :rolleyes: :rofl:

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
jaekormtb said:
With all the action for Reddish on Sat, I thought I might throw out a line for a follow-up at Sherrando Sunday. I could take care of C-ville area accomodations for a few monkies Sat evening, as the GF is out of town for the weekend. Any takers for a Sunday Sherrando Shuttle? ' course another option is a Sunday C-ville urban/street ride!
I think I'm up for Shernandodo Sunday - but only if there's an efficient shuttle since the turnarounds are long.

Saturday will likely be the Shed.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
mud'n'sweat said:
And as Woody found out today, the climb is well worth the descent :cool:

That was a total blast, glad we got you up there man!

Woody, right after I pulled out of the Rockfish lot I realized I actually had sales training today and had to be there an hour early. Thats why I suddenly showed up on 64 :rolleyes: :rofl:

yea uh huh! Mr. I am afraid of wild Turkeys
And it is true, the climb was well worth the decent even if I did it on a 36 lb vpfree :thumb:

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I don't drink Wild Turkey, but I'm far from afraid of real wild turkeys :rolleyes:

Your VP Free climbed like a champ brah!

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
mud'n'sweat said:
I don't drink Wild Turkey, but I'm far from afraid of real wild turkeys :rolleyes:

Your VP Free climbed like a champ brah!
wa wa wa what? I clearly remember when we rode by thoses wild Turkeys and freaked them out causing them to scatter, you squealed like a virgin on her wedding night, then jumped off you bike and wet your pants! So don't tell me that you are not afraid of wild Turkeys, Sister! :D

I have to admit that you climbed pretty well yourself for someone who rode (climbed) 15 miles just yesterday.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I was a little tired to say the least, but honestly, my pace isn't really all that much faster on a fresh day.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
stiff and i might make a sherando appearance on sunday if we don't end up shedding it... although it will be a looong day driving from DC.

since your GF is out of town for the weekend, why don't you venture up to DC for some shed action since it's been a while for you jeffro?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I was going to be coming by to pick up the bike and thought I could bring you the directions. I'll just PM them to you as soon as I can get back to my map. You know how spacey I am so make sure you call and remind me tomorrow.