Quantcast

She's back up and running

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
My Nail trail that is:

Set up at 34:18 with the derailleur providing chain tension - not very elegant but it is functional.

Also it looks kind of weird with the cromoly rigid fork up front paired up with the oversized AL downtube. Hopefully I'll get a chance to replace the Nail Trail with a steel HT frame down the road a bit, but until then, I'll have fun on this rig. :cool:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Looks good Mark.

If you run into trouble with dropping the chain while riding bumpy stuff, remove another link or two from the chain. Right now you've still got a bit of room for the derailleur to bounce up creating slack. If it's working, I wouldn't mess with it; just something to keep in mind if the problem arises.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
BikeGeek said:
Looks good Mark.

If you run into trouble with dropping the chain while riding bumpy stuff, remove another link or two from the chain. Right now you've still got a bit of room for the derailleur to bounce up creating slack. If it's working, I wouldn't mess with it; just something to keep in mind if the problem arises.
You echo what Tartosuc said in the lounge - looks like I could remove a couple of links and still be good to go.