Quantcast

She's done!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
HOpefully I'll have a ride report later today.

so far the seat tube angle seems pretty steep - but perhaps I'll get used to that on the trail.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
Congrats on the new bike, Mark!

So this is how much lighter than your KM? When I saw that you had bought this frame, it got me jonesing for a new rig. I haven't used my KM much this year because it's just so heavy (32lbs! with a marzocchi MX and exiwolfs. oink), so I've started considering the idea of trying to drop 6 or 7 lbs.

Give us an update after a few rides, man!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Tires are not that hard to find at all - now variety of tires to choose from that's a little different compared to 26" tires, but that's slowly changing too as more companies are beginning to offer some - Panaracer, More from Kenda, I guess Geax is getting into the game etc.

Drevil - standover is good, a little more room than the KM.

The bike feels more balanced than the Karate Monkey. First ride was a good one. I need to tweek a few things, but overall it was a really fun maiden voyage on her. Mary Bars need adjusting, and maybe a slightly shorter stem. But overall - thumbs up.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Tires are not that hard to find at all - now variety of tires to choose from that's a little different compared to 26" tires, but that's slowly changing too as more companies are beginning to offer some - Panaracer, More from Kenda, I guess Geax is getting into the game etc.

Drevil - standover is good, a little more room than the KM.

The bike feels more balanced than the Karate Monkey. First ride was a good one. I need to tweek a few things, but overall it was a really fun maiden voyage on her. Mary Bars need adjusting, and maybe a slightly shorter stem. But overall - thumbs up.