Quantcast

Shim tuning info and parts source?

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
I'm not thrilled at the way my 2010 Boxxer team rides currently. It is fairly smooth and has minimal stiction, so it's probably not an issue with seals/alignment/maintenance. Unfortunately the damping seems to spike a bit at high speeds, even with the HSC backed all the way off. I know the HS and LS are not fully independent, so when I increase the LSC it affects the HSC. However, I'd like to see if I can fine tune it myself by messing with the shimstack since I want to learn a bit and can't really afford the avy/etc. anyways.

Does anyone know of a place to get a different shim diameters/thicknesses for this application? I searched a bit but didn't find much. Also, are there any good, comprehensive sites for shim stack basics? I feel like I saw one a while back with a .nz url that was very thorough, but haven't been able to relocate it.

DMdh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2011
Galicia
I'm not thrilled at the way my 2010 Boxxer team rides currently. It is fairly smooth and has minimal stiction, so it's probably not an issue with seals/alignment/maintenance. Unfortunately the damping seems to spike a bit at high speeds, even with the HSC backed all the way off. I know the HS and LS are not fully independent, so when I increase the LSC it affects the HSC. However, I'd like to see if I can fine tune it myself by messing with the shimstack since I want to learn a bit and can't really afford the avy/etc. anyways.

Does anyone know of a place to get a different shim diameters/thicknesses for this application? I searched a bit but didn't find much. Also, are there any good, comprehensive sites for shim stack basics? I feel like I saw one a while back with a .nz url that was very thorough, but haven't been able to relocate it.
You could try removing 1 or 2 shims from the hs stack in order to make it softer