Quantcast

Shimano adapter for Psylo help

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Hey all I have a question that nobody I have talked to seems to know the answer to for sure and was hoping somebody here might be able to help. I currently have a Rock Shox Psylo with the 20mm tullio axle and have been running hayes 8in brakes with the psylo specific adapter.
I just bought some new Shimano Deore disc brakes and I don't know which adapter I need to mount the new caliper. The fork is IS, the caliper is post mount and I would like to run 160mm rotors instead of the 8in ones I have now.
I ask because I remember for Hayes I had a specific adapter I had to use for the psylo and 8in discs and for Shimano I see two options I could use for 160mm rotors and my current fork to caliper mount. One is for QR and one is for 20mm marz axles.

Pics of what I mean

Now I think that the reason I needed the specific adapter to run the 8in Hayes was because they do not make 8in adapters for regular QR forks and the Psylo Tullio used the same horizontal spacing for the tabs as a regular QR and not the regular 20mm through axle spacing. However it was a long time ago and this is only speculation through hindsight on what I can gleam from internet searches. If nobody knows I guess I will get on the horn to Shimano and see if they know.

p.s. Should I just forget all this and run my hayes 8in brakes with my new shimano calipers? I was mainly worried about rotor thickness and width of braking surface etc and some weird wear patterns on my new brakes so I assumed just to start fresh with new shimano rotors and downsize in the process.