Quantcast

Shimano Hydraulic Disc Brakes

Ph@

Chimp
Jan 21, 2002
Can someone please explain the difference between the Deore discs 525's and the 555's, apart from the weight

Thanks

Ph@

Chimp
Jan 21, 2002
Agreed the 515's are mechanical, but definately 525 and 555's are hydraulic I went to Shimanos website and there doesnt seem to be any major differences I just need to know what will be coming on my 2002 Trek 6700 disc as it just says "Deore hydraulic disc brakes" ?????

Thanks

KonaDude

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada.
I'm totally not 100% sure on this, but there are two basic versions of the Deore Hydros. One has a pretty compact caliper that bolts directly to IS mounts. One has a Hayes-type caliper (74mm spacing, same as Hayes) that uses an adapter to fit on IS mounts. That could be why there are two models.

Hope this helps.

ermmmmm
if you look at aftermarket deore hydros, they are silver with a tidy caliper, but the OE versions are a plain black ( it looks cheap like plastic) caliper that looks like a postmount caliper with an IS plate.the lever finishes are different too.

just thought i'd tell ya thas all

i myself use a hope enduro disc on the front, but im currently using an avid arch rival on the back of my kona stuff. i just need to get £120(which i havent got) to get another.

:monkey: