Quantcast

Shimano M950 bottom bracket

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
thinking about experimenting with an XTR setup i've always wanted. 952 cranks with a 950 bottom bracket (the needle bearings and non-cartridge aspects are appealing).

anyone got an opinion about this setup, specifically the bottom bracket? anyone got that bottom bracket laying around taking up precious space?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'm a retrogrouch.

and ever since i got into mtb-ing, i have wanted to run a set of 952s with either a 952 or 950 bb. the needle bearings of a 950 seem interesting. i got 4yrs out of my RF Sig XS ISIS bottom bracket...i'd like to see what i can get out of a non-cart bb.

if i don't go with this setup, i'll be running a tapered Phil with Middleburns.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
the Inbred said:
thinking about experimenting with an XTR setup i've always wanted. 952 cranks with a 950 bottom bracket (the needle bearings and non-cartridge aspects are appealing).

anyone got an opinion about this setup, specifically the bottom bracket? anyone got that bottom bracket laying around taking up precious space?
That's the setup I have on my M1. I didn't care as much about the bearings as that the 950 puts more thread in the BB shell. Especially after you figure in a chainguide.

If you find a source of 950's let me know.

Mike