Quantcast

Shimano Nipplez

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Anyone have a shitty broken pair of unrideabru shimano brakes, that I can steal a bleed nipple cover for?

Mine jumped off the nipple during a bath tonight and got lost in the bush. Can't be having my nipples getting clogged with crud.

I'll send you a random sticker in return.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Anyone have a shitty broken pair of unrideabru shimano brakes, that I can steal a bleed nipple cover for?

Mine jumped off the nipple during a bath tonight and got lost in the bush. Can't be having my nipples getting clogged with crud.

I'll send you a random sticker in return.
In a pinch a glob of RTV or hot glue should protect it and can be easily removed. Not reusable, but c'mon how often would you use it?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In a pinch a glob of RTV or hot glue should protect it and can be easily removed. Not reusi, but c'mon how often would you use it?
Shimano brakes. Every other day according to @Da Peach

Just would rather not deal with accidentally pushing dirt or water into already compromised brakes.

Might have a hot snot glue gun here somewhere..

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Shimano brakes. Every other day according to @Da Peach

Just would rather not deal with accidentally pushing dirt or water into already compromised brakes.

Might have a hot snot glue gun here somewhere..
Ha, yes... I've moved on to Magura with much success...

Code RSCs are inbound on the new bike though...

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
I’ve never seen it be a directly related problem and I would guess less bikes have them than not, after the first year. Also I thought Shimano bleeds are MC down and out the caliper.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I’ve never seen it be a directly related problem and I would guess less bikes have them than not, after the first year. Also I thought Shimano bleeds are MC down and out the caliper.
You can "quickbleed" it that way to remove air, but to replace the fluid, you do it by sending fluid into the bleed nipple at the caliper.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
He should go both and install a 29" tyre over the 27.5 for maximum puncture protection.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I don’t want to jinx anything... but I should have a 2021 Norco Sight A1 next week. Pretty excited.
Oh bike industry... The inventory system said they had one, and that it would ship in August 30th.

Turns out they actually meant December. Oopsie!

Bummer. Good thing I didn't sell my Nomad...