Quantcast

Shimano Saint Free Stroke

Apr 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone have any experiences with the latest Shimano Saint brakes free stroke adjuster screw not having any affect when dialed out? The brakes were factory bled, no crashes, less than 30 miles on them. I don't notice any difference in pad to rotor bite points when adjusted the screw out all the way or even completely in. Any remedies to this? Would a rebleed do anything?

Attachments

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Anyone have any experiences with the latest Shimano Saint brakes free stroke adjuster screw not having any affect when dialed out? The brakes were factory bled, no crashes, less than 30 miles on them. I don't notice any difference in pad to rotor bite points when adjusted the screw out all the way or even completely in. Any remedies to this? Would a rebleed do anything?
:rofl:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
the Saints are great brakes, take them over Hope-less or Hope-they-stop anyday
what he said.

yeah, the "bite point adjustment" doesn't work as advertised. So there's something Hope has over the shimanos...then there's stopping power, availability, modulation, lack of noise, lever adjustability that shimano has over hope...hmm.

Joss DeWaele

Chimp
Jan 30, 2004
The SLC
I've been running Shimano SLX brakes for the past 2 years (on a trail bike, not DH), and have had great luck. No Free Bleed screw on the SLX Levers. I have a set of Saints on my new DH bike, and can't wait to ride them.