Quantcast

Shimano saint lever rant :mad:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
So i win a set of saint brakes at Diablo (good) Last week i open up to find that Diablo took the lever off the rear (bad) Go to the shop today, Shimano will only sell them as a pair, and for 100!!! Sold the brakes i could have put on the bike, now i need to find only a rear and not for a ridiculous price. Please tell me this isnt true :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Its not like its something we dont break, fall on them and break the lever, now your stuck buying two! FML

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
yeah, I think you need to talk to someone @ diablo. They might not give a f*ck, but I wouldn't be so keen on throwing money at a situation like this..

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I would be mad at diablo not shimano. That is some serious bull!!!!!
yeah, i know, but i do very well there, and they have given me plenty of things in the last few years (including 2 bikes, and 4 saint sets, ect) I wish they didnt take it, but im not going to loose my cool and flip out about it, im more angry that shimano wont sell as a single 1, my shop called (a good shop, not trying to screw me) and told me 100, comes as a pair, google shopping revealed 115 per brake. I hope they do come seperately, since a fall to your left will only bend/break 1.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
yeah, i know, but i do very well there, and they have given me plenty of things in the last few years (including 2 bikes, and 4 saint sets, ect) I wish they didnt take it, but im not going to loose my cool and flip out about it, im more angry that shimano wont sell as a single 1, my shop called (a good shop, not trying to screw me) and told me 100, comes as a pair, google shopping revealed 115 per brake. I hope they do come seperately, since a fall to your left will only bend/break 1.
Man I posted a link to them being sold separately. It's not shimano it's your US distributor that's stubborn.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Why didnt you just ask your dad for $100?
how about you pay it smart ass, what makes you think my dad will pay for it?

And norbar, i see its sold separately over there (which is where ill get it from)but not over here? They said they called shimano (id assume shimano themselves?) Did/does chain reaction order in pairs, than break up to get more sales?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so let me get this straight, you're ok with spending a lot of money for high end race frames (demos, canfields, yeti's, etc), get a BUNCH of free stuff that you hawk, and are now complaining about having to drop a single Benny Frank for some levers?

:nopity:

:busted:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
so let me get this straight, you're ok with spending a lot of money for high end race frames (demos, canfields, yeti's, etc), get a BUNCH of free stuff that you hawk, and are now complaining about having to drop a single Benny Frank for some levers?
the point. you missed it

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I dont mind spending money, but i dont need an extra lever body (solved) and id rather not have to buy a lever body that i was supposed to have in the first place.(but im not even going to get started on that)

How happy would ya be if you broke something or needed something but you got stuck buying two(if you wanted to buy it in your own country)

Discountedcycling where are you :panic:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
how about you pay it smart ass, what makes you think my dad will pay for it?

And norbar, i see its sold separately over there (which is where ill get it from)but not over here? They said they called shimano (id assume shimano themselves?) Did/does chain reaction order in pairs, than break up to get more sales?
A lot of other companies must do that because I bought my levers separate. Had no problems with getting them.

Also whats the problem with the shop being abroad? UK is around the same to east coast as cali (if not closer). The shop has good rep.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I dont mind going out of country, especially for something small, but its just the fact that the USA wont sell levers separate, chainreaction will get some love tonight, i just find it terrible that from what i can find, nowhere in the USA will sell a single saint lever, unless they bought by themselves and split the box.

jonkranked, you repped my days ago for that quote... derp?

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
A lot of other companies must do that because I bought my levers separate. Had no problems with getting them.

Also whats the problem with the shop being abroad? UK is around the same to east coast as cali (if not closer). The shop has good rep.
Shimano has a retail box lever set that he would have gotten if he ordered them here. CRC just has a mountain of parts in bags that they cherry pick from to complete the set orders. To NY/NJ, UK product does come faster.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I dont mind going out of country, especially for something small, but its just the fact that the USA wont sell levers separate, chainreaction will get some love tonight, i just find it terrible that from what i can find, nowhere in the USA will sell a single saint lever, unless they bought by themselves and split the box.

derp indeed. :panic:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

Wellcome to my world (or anyone outside of US) - you just have to buy abroad to get all you want in the prices you want ;)

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
I'm just happy I found this thread and thereby solved my problem of a broken LH saint lever body.

Chain reaction, here's to you for letting me order an out of stock product. Too many sites won't let you order it. It's winter, I don't care if it won't be here immediately but why should I have to worry about this a second time. Order once, forget about it.

:)

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I am now dumber for having read this thread. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec

:nopity:

:busted:
Gona have to x2

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

just check the shimano prices in german online shops and then start to cry when you see your american prices :rofl:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Take it up with Diablo, it is not Shimano's fault or problem. Also didn't you check the new brakes before you sold the old ones?? If you got the new ones after you sold the old one wouldn't it have made more sense to wait for the new ones before you sold the old ones?

miuan

Monkey
Jan 12, 2007
Bratislava, Slovakia
Chain reaction, here's to you for letting me order an out of stock product. Too many sites won't let you order it. It's winter, I don't care if it won't be here immediately but why should I have to worry about this a second time. Order once, forget about it.

:)
Forget about it, and pray for CRC so they don't do the same.
Sometimes, waiting for 6+ months is more than you wish, even in winter.

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
While this might be far-fetched, calling and talking to someone at Diablo might actually solve your problem.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
While this might be far-fetched, calling and talking to someone at Diablo might actually solve your problem.
Has not worked for me in the past, nor has it worked for friends in the same situation. The usual answer is along the lines of "thats the prize, racing isnt about the money" I dont mind, Diablo is fine in my book, id rather have gotten the lever, but i have no complaints, id still love to know the logic behind having to buy brakes in pairs (USA distributor)