Quantcast

Shimano XT M800 vs SLX M7000

Jack K

Chimp
Jan 13, 2017
So this is an age old question. I'm not sure if this is the right forum to as abou this but here we go.

I own a 2016 Specialized Rockhopper Comp. Rode it all last summer and I'm ready for upgrades. First it was the pedals, next will be the Race Face low riser handlebar, then a big one for me. So the question stands. The money difference seems to be only $40, so not a big deal. But I'm wondering if the XTs are really that much better. Is the cotter pin vs retaining bolt worth it? Or the dimples on the lever? I don't know. If you had this same dilemma before, or you just went with one over the other, please give me your opinions and reviews.
Oh and I mostly ride flowy trails, and some relatively tame singletrack, with some XC.
Thanks guys

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So this is an age old question. I'm not sure if this is the right forum to as abou this but here we go.

I own a 2016 Specialized Rockhopper Comp. Rode it all last summer and I'm ready for upgrades. First it was the pedals, next will be the Race Face low riser handlebar, then a big one for me. So the question stands. The money difference seems to be only $40, so not a big deal. But I'm wondering if the XTs are really that much better. Is the cotter pin vs retaining bolt worth it? Or the dimples on the lever? I don't know. If you had this same dilemma before, or you just went with one over the other, please give me your opinions and reviews.
Oh and I mostly ride flowy trails, and some relatively tame singletrack, with some XC.
Thanks guys
Go with the SLX, unless you ar pissing $$ and dont care. For most of us (Myself included...) there is no difference. When you burn them up, upgrade to XT or even a new ride. But imho, upgrading is a waste of time and $$. Ride, burn stuff out, move on.