Quantcast

Shimano XTR BB with RF Atlas FR 83mm Cranks

partswhore

Chimp
Jan 6, 2008
Anyone know if this combo will work? The description of the XTR bb is somewhat vague saying it will fit the XTR crankset however doesn't specify if it will work with others.

It's really for color matching as the XT bb is grey and doesnt work with what I'm doing. Plus the Shimano BB's are close to 45g lighter than the Raceface 83mm bb's with terrible bearings.

Is there a difference between the XT and the XTR BB? Other than the $5?
Thanks!

Last edited:

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
100% works, i'm actually running this exact combination on my Sunday, as I had a spare XTR BB & didn't want to use the junk RF one.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
100% works, i'm actually running this exact combination on my Sunday, as I had a spare XTR BB & didn't want to use the junk RF one.
strange.......The X-type BB on my 3 year old Diabolus cranks is still smooth perfection, and my X-type BB On my Atlas freerides (one full season) are perfect too. I ride 6 days a week, I am 195, and I live in wet muddy Eastern Canada. All the perfect conditions to kill BB's prematurely.

Obviuosly the XTR BB must be lighter.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
strange.......The X-type BB on my 3 year old Diabolus cranks is still smooth perfection, and my X-type BB On my Atlas freerides (one full season) are perfect too. I ride 6 days a week, I am 195, and I live in wet muddy Eastern Canada. All the perfect conditions to kill BB's prematurely.

Obviuosly the XTR BB must be lighter.
none of my RF BB's last more than a year. all feel like total crap after a full season of riding and make a fantastic grinding noise