Quantcast

Shipping a frame from Whistler BC to Portland OR

ButtersNZ

Monkey
Jun 6, 2013
Hi I hope this is the right spot for this.

I'm looking into shipping a frame from Canada to the US (then on to NZ) and need some advice.

I've heard there are customs fees that are charged when shipping into Canada, is the reverse true for the USA?
Who are the cheapest safe option for sending frames? Any tip or tricks to getting the cheapest shipping?

I would also appreciate advice on how to safely go about buying a frame. It's apparently in great condition, no cracks and has new bearings. He seems like a genuine person but if I use PayPal and something is horribly wrong with the frame on delivery can I get my money back through them?

Cheers,
B

intenserider

Chimp
Mar 14, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Personally I wouldn't buy a secondhand bike/frame without seeing it first or knowing the buyer/history. I recently had a new frame posted from Fanatik.com to Melbourne, Australia. It cost $250 thru FedEx. If you don't mind me asking, what frame is it? Only reason I ask is because you may find one closer to home if you look around.

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
If you use paypal and pay as 'payment for goods' then you have buyer protection. Dont send payments as gift just to save on fees. Its always best to be able to see the frame, but in the end, its your call/decision buying shipped/overseas.
I actually bought my V10 used, USED ONCE in fact. Shipped from another state, thing arrived looking brand new. I got lucky, and good luck to you.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Just my two cents....but buying a bike from Whistler? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong... but from what I have witnessed, there is no place on Earth harder on bikes than Whistler.......

That said however, my brother did luck out and bought one of the GLC rental Konas a few years back and got one of the few good ones. So I guess you can get lucky. Ok nevermind. I have nothing to add.