Quantcast

Shipping tires

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I have a bunch of DH tires I want to unload (don't ride DH anymore). Anyone have a good method for shipping wire bead DH tires? They don't fold very much, which makes it difficult to fit them in a box. Ideas?

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Your LBS should have a box from a previous tire shipment. I sent 4 DH tires and a few folding ones to my brother in law. Shipping sucked at $40 for UPS though.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Having worked at UPS for a whopping two weeks one time, I can say wrapping tires in a split garbage bag with the middle left open is perfectly acceptable. Clear tape the snot out of your shipping label and don't bother with shipping less than 4 tires.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Most of the shipping charges come from the cubic size, so I don't think omitting the box will save much, unless you were using a refrigerator box.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
bullcrew sent me some like that. works.
I have done the same, then wrapped in brown paper. Stuck a label on and shipped. Much cheaper and easier.

I also agree that used DH tires are not worth shipping. Craigslist with local pickup or find a grom that needs tires and give them to him/her.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
the plastic wrap it the way to go. at performance thats how we ship our tires and i dont think anyone ships more than they do. the nice thing about it is there is no box to break open, so if the wrap gets a little bit of damage its no big deal