Quantcast

*!** Shit here they **!*

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Heading for a walk with the girls. Didn't bring them on my ride yesterday , they are kind of hyper this morning.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode early, trying to beat rain and crowds. Was kinda nasty - cold, foggy, wet, muddy. I should rake some more leaves before the precipitation arrives.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Skiing with Wifey; Haley has Devo. It's 9* and starting to snow. I'm guessing half day.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
We had actual real rain last night. first time in 7 months and its going to do it again tomorrow. Time to turn off the lawn sprinklers (for this week anyhow). Espresso then start getting the truck ready to head to Mt Lassen . going camping for my 64th birthday. Have to dig out the snowshoes camper window and door insulation from the shed. Might go ride if I have time.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Late to bed, early to rise. Struck out trying to find 6' lengths of 1" dowel. Didnt think that was such a tall order.

Passed someone on the highway driving full tilt on a flat tire. Smoking pretty good, but apparently they gave no shits and continued plodding along. Sure. If that works for you.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Late to bed, early to rise. Struck out trying to find 6' lengths of 1" dowel. Didnt think that was such a tall order.

Passed someone on the highway driving full tilt on a flat tire. Smoking pretty good, but apparently they gave no shits and continued plodding along. Sure. If that works for you.
I see that all the time. they are clueless that the tire has gone flat until the belt separates and the tire shreds and the rotor hits the ground. At that point they might pull over.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Just finished the leaves when the rain started. They were still wet from the snow we got a few days ago, raking and mulching was no fun.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Went to drive for a ride and found a flat rear passenger snow tyre on our scoobie doo. No idea if it can be plugged, otherwise four new snow tyres required :banghead:

20201212_125230.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Went to drive for a ride and found a flat rear passenger snow tyre on our scoobie doo. No idea if it can be plugged, otherwise four new snow tyres required :banghead:

View attachment 153524
You're close enough to the wear bars that it seems time for new ones anyway.
If it has legal tread that can be fixed as its in the middle of the tire. sidewall area nope, but that's just a hole with no chunks, Quite Fixable.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
2PM concert is kinda weird, but I'm about to get all nostalgic. I heard Bad Religion the first time right around this time of year 1985 (freshman in high school). It changed me for the better. The music and lyrics were so next level. Still are after 40 damn years at it. Crazy.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Had a 35 dollar steak for dinner. Man, it was awesome. Wife had the spiced ahi tuna. I used my $35 holiday meal credit I got from work but I had to chip in another $65. Fortunately, I had a gift card that covered that balance.

I felt like kind of a dick cashing in a gift card during the pandemic with restaurants hurting, but I did some reading and The Internet told me using them is encouraged. I did leave a cash tip. Any guilt I was feeling vanished when I walked in to get my take out order and the place was busy as hell.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Had a 35 dollar steak for dinner. Man, it was awesome. Wife had the spiced ahi tuna. I used my $35 holiday meal credit I got from work but I had to chip in another $65. Fortunately, I had a gift card that covered that balance.

I felt like kind of a dick cashing in a gift card during the pandemic with restaurants hurting, but I did some reading and The Internet told me using them is encouraged. I did leave a cash tip. Any guilt I was feeling vanished when I walked in to get my take out order and the place was busy as hell.
I had a whole bunch of saved gift cards from races and stuff and when my family came up last year I used them with my parents and brother for several days.

Sure enough, one of those businesses went out of business in the Spring due to Covid.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That was a great set. They have so many songs to draw from, it's funny to hear them talk about relearning songs they haven't played in 30+ years.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
One of these days I might get organized. Just spent an hour tracking down my winter gear for Lassen, ok over half that time was spent tracking down where the hell I last saw Ruth's Goretex Gaiters. Found them in a back cabinet of the camper instead of with the rest of the snow gear in the storage shed. But I now know where all my camping shit is in the garage and in the shed so there is that.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Stoney, what lifts were you skiing on? I was up with wife and elder two kids. Cats were looking after the baby at home. Yuna can do Cranmer now—still wedge but smooth. Mariko regressed and her upper body is super rigid but she got better.

We encountered bad but tolerable lift lines all day save for at Olympia/Looking Glass. Those lines were just stupidly long. We took Looking Glass out of there and noted to stay away from the Alice in Wonderland-named trails.