Quantcast

Shit that happens in hobbitville

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
Karori, Poneke Te Ika-a-Maui
A thread for occasional happenings in the Shire.

I still find it kinda awesome that I live in a country that with the way the world is I can still post a Twitter mildy ranty sweary tweet at 10pm on a Tuesday night and within minutes have the speaker of Parliament and the crown minister for transport reply to me in a happy and positive way!
Shit & Trevor even tagged his wife into the conversation!

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
NZ pilots have been doing top dressing/aerial fertilizer applications since pilots came back from WW1.
Over the last century and a bit they've gotten pretty efficient at it!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
NZ pilots have been doing top dressing/aerial fertilizer applications since pilots came back from WW1.
Over the last century and a bit they've gotten pretty efficient at it!

Yeah, usually people operating that fast eventually run the truck into the airplane or something similar. Cool vid though.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
In other news the (52%) government owned airline's subsidiary gas turbine company has been caught being naughty by helping the Saudi governments war crimes against Yemen.

This next one is unrelated I'm sure....... :drag::tinfoil:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I was watching a vid of some dudes in Hobbit size jetboat a couple of days ago.
Nice looking scenery, not sure what the trampers think of this sort of tomfoolery?

EDIT- NZ is not a place you want trucks going through the mountains in an un-serviceable state.
I work on a customer's site and a truck driver is told not to take his truck past any weigbridges, that's not right.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
I was watching a vid of some dudes in Hobbit size jetboat a couple of days ago.
Nice looking scenery, not sure what the trampers think of this sort of tomfoolery?

EDIT- NZ is not a place you want trucks going through the mountains in an un-serviceable state.
I work on a customer's site and a truck driver is told not to take his truck past any weigbridges, that's not right.
Down westland by the look of the vege..... bugger all trampers down there (not a lot of tracks) probably just a few (and far between) locals and hunters, also too far up stream for whitebaiters.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.