Quantcast

Shit that happens in hobbitville

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
A thread for occasional happenings in the Shire.

I still find it kinda awesome that I live in a country that with the way the world is I can still post a Twitter mildy ranty sweary tweet at 10pm on a Tuesday night and within minutes have the speaker of Parliament and the crown minister for transport reply to me in a happy and positive way!
Shit & Trevor even tagged his wife into the conversation!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
NZ pilots have been doing top dressing/aerial fertilizer applications since pilots came back from WW1.
Over the last century and a bit they've gotten pretty efficient at it!

Yeah, usually people operating that fast eventually run the truck into the airplane or something similar. Cool vid though.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
In other news the (52%) government owned airline's subsidiary gas turbine company has been caught being naughty by helping the Saudi governments war crimes against Yemen.

This next one is unrelated I'm sure....... :drag::tinfoil:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I was watching a vid of some dudes in Hobbit size jetboat a couple of days ago.
Nice looking scenery, not sure what the trampers think of this sort of tomfoolery?

EDIT- NZ is not a place you want trucks going through the mountains in an un-serviceable state.
I work on a customer's site and a truck driver is told not to take his truck past any weigbridges, that's not right.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I was watching a vid of some dudes in Hobbit size jetboat a couple of days ago.
Nice looking scenery, not sure what the trampers think of this sort of tomfoolery?

EDIT- NZ is not a place you want trucks going through the mountains in an un-serviceable state.
I work on a customer's site and a truck driver is told not to take his truck past any weigbridges, that's not right.
Down westland by the look of the vege..... bugger all trampers down there (not a lot of tracks) probably just a few (and far between) locals and hunters, also too far up stream for whitebaiters.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Conversion therapy abolition bill past it's 3rd reading today 8 out of 121 against.
Kieran's speech was totally nail on the head!
Atta boy Kieran!
Your doing great!!!
I really should hunt out Kris & Grants speeches as aparently they were pretty damn good too.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
With all the shitfuckery that been going on with sponsored conspiracy cretins and covidiots I'm stoked that the super easy to use parliamentary petition system is around.
I totally signed this one!
@Changleen I urge you to sign as well!

For those outside of NZ, the RW conspiracy movement is encourageing it's members to stand for election onto school boards and local councils but also to hide their ideological leanings until after voted in.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
With all the shitfuckery that been going on with sponsored conspiracy cretins and covidiots I'm stoked that the super easy to use parliamentary petition system is around.
I totally signed this one!
@Changleen I urge you to sign as well!

For those outside of NZ, the RW conspiracy movement is encourageing it's members to stand for election onto school boards and local councils but also to hide their ideological leanings until after voted in.
Done.
For those of you living in the country that spawned the shitcunt Steve Bannon, and still haven’t shut his crap down, thanks a bunch. His money and bullshit are leaking out and infecting other western democracies. Come and get your fascist idiot back please.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
OK Mr. Anarchism.
Try and actually connect some synapses here. What you saw was a description of a tenet of anarchism, not some full fledged endorsement or adoption. Shouldn't be news to you but I can also describe communism, fascism, and a matriarchy but it doesn't mean any are necessarily holistic assmilation into what governs my life view.

You also pretty much put steve fuckin bannon's poularity in new zealand on me, like me personally. And then implied that has something to do with how I live my life. That's as dumb as me blaming you for not stopping the christchurch shooter and saying you personally contributed to causing it.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Try and actually connect some synapses here. What you saw was a description of a tenet of anarchism, not some full fledged endorsement or adoption. Shouldn't be news to you but I can also describe communism, fascism, and a matriarchy but it doesn't mean any are necessarily holistic assmilation into what governs my life view.

You also pretty much put steve fuckin bannon's poularity in new zealand on me, like me personally. And then implied that has something to do with how I live my life. That's as dumb as me blaming you for not stopping the christchurch shooter and saying you personally contributed to causing it.
@kidwoo I did not/am not, of course, blaming Steve Bannon on you. Of course. I am blaming the entire meta right-wing American culture and ghe failure of the left to effectively push back. Why would I put it on you? Maybe be a bit easier on yourself about what you project on (my?) words.

What I meant about your attitude was your often hyper cynical (and seriously take a look at your own posting history) and I see that as a increasing problem in society in general; we won’t effectively engage or solve issues if we walk in with so much negativity. Of course I have no idea what you are like in real life, but hey, internet. I hope you are less cynical IRL.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Your stance has done so well in helping your own country, @kidwoo. Thanks for the helpful input.
Tell me more about my stance mr dont know how I am in real life. More specifically how my personal actions have failed to help my country.

For those of you living in the country that spawned the shitcunt Steve Bannon, and still haven’t shut his crap down, thanks a bunch.
You're welcome.

I initially heckled you because its quaint that you think what is happening globally right now can be pinned on one person. We have millions of them. Its a multiheaded hydra that no amount of personal focus on an individual can ever address. Americans especially focus so much on trump and his immediate orbit that they think the symptom is the sickness. Bannon is a symptom, a derivitive of gamergate of all things. Blame harvard. Theyve produced more american fascists than any other single institution. I did my part by not paying into their endowment.

I blame you personally for allowing your govt to import that tripe. We have some dumbass ancient scroll that we worship that has a provision for propoganda. Check with the queen and see what she'll allow where you live.

You confuse cynicism with a realistic observation of bs.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Not sure if any of this stuff is of any use to the NZ monkeys? Tools on special are always good.
If postage wasn't so dear I'd buy a Lemania jump starter pack.