Quantcast

Shit that happens with Airlines, thread

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
If that was in the US a lot of people would have died getting stuck behind fatties and people grabbing their luggage.
Westy,you really come off as someone who has a lot of experience on the matter.

How much do you travel on a Airplane ln a one or two year period?

I hope you are going to say a lot.

Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Westy,you really come off as someone who has a lot of experience on the matter.

How much do you travel on a Airplane ln a one or two year period?

I hope you are going to say a lot.

Avy
I spent 5 years traveling full time for work, often flying to multiple places in a week and spent another 10 years on the road about 50% of the time. So yes, a lot of experience traveling, enough so I now despise in large part as people's behavior has become more mindless and selfish over time.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I spent 5 years traveling full time for work, often flying to multiple places in a week and spent another 10 years on the road about 50% of the time. So yes, a lot of experience traveling, enough so I now despise in large part as people's behavior has become more mindless and selfish over time.
Fair enough,but why are you so Hell Bent on Fat people being a problem for you? This is not your first post on the matter. Did you have a terrible experience happen to you from a Fat person?

Or was it the Airline?

Avy

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Pilots: Hey we keep getting a cabin pressurization warning light

Mechanics: it's ok we just reset the system

Alaska AA : just don't fly it to Hawaii

unreal

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Pilots: Hey we keep getting a cabin pressurization warning light

Mechanics: it's ok we just reset the system

Alaska AA : just don't fly it to Hawaii

unreal

ETOPS = SRS BIZNSS

I'm mildly skeptical for a couple reasons that a repeat pressurization fault is related to the plug failure. It's probably related, but not necessarily and could very well be coincidental. 1. Brand new airplanes always have bugs and kinks to work out. 2. Crew reported that when switching to manual mode the aircraft remained pressurized and otherwise worked normally in flight. I'm not at all familiar with how this works on the average boeing product, but every commercial aircraft I've ever worked on the differences between automatic pressurization and manual pressurization is usually just a different switch, and a different outflow valve. These are not terribly complex systems generally speaking. 3. It's reported that MX was unable to duplicate the problem on the ground. It's incredibly difficult to fix something that isn't broken. If it were me, 3 writeups in a month certainly suggests an issue, but the fact pressure isn't being lost in manual mode kind of points to a problem with the auto mode, not an issue of losing Delta P. Maybe throw a new outflow valve or controller at it and see if it repeats, not go looking for some kind of extraordinary manufacturing flaw in the airframe. I'd be curious to know how many people in the maintenance dept at any major airline operating a MAX in this particular configuration are even aware that this fakey-plug door was a thing before this incident. I'll bet you it wasn't many.

flight voice recorder taped over....

where is mayor pete.....
Suggests merely that no one thought to kill power to the electrical system or pull the CVR until after the two hour window. I'm not sure why this is even news. The only thing we're missing out on is probably a bunch of "WHAT THE SHIT?!?!"s from the flight crew.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I read that in Europe the voice recorders have a much bigger buffer, like 23 hours or something instead of the 2. makes a hell of a lot more sense than relying on frazzled people who just evacuated quickly to pull a breaker.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Suggests merely that no one thought to kill power to the electrical system or pull the CVR until after the two hour window. I'm not sure why this is even news. The only thing we're missing out on is probably a bunch of "WHAT THE SHIT?!?!"s from the flight crew.
Mainly due to the realization that 2hrs is wholly insufficient, considering the turn-around of aircraft and other associated data (not just voice, but data, etc.). Also repeat issues and causes leading up to an event and then how long an event may be back in history.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I read that in Europe the voice recorders have a much bigger buffer, like 23 hours or something instead of the 2. makes a hell of a lot more sense than relying on frazzled people who just evacuated quickly to pull a breaker.
Exactly. The system isn't there for when everybody goes home, it's there to be pulled out of a smoking hole.

Mainly due to the realization that 2hrs is wholly insufficient
I'm not arguing that and I agree. It's the suggestion of nefariousness that I push back on. If it's data were worried about that stuff is already recorded for 25 hours.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
probably because in civilized first world countries they actually want to know what happened in order to do better next time

vs.

limiting liability to shareholders

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
:nerd:

It has been suggested that aircraft in question didn't have pressurization issues until after it came out of Wifi Mod, and Wifi Mod requires that the plugs be removed for antenna installation. I know it's fun to shit on Boeing, but if true this might not be Boeings fault.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
hmmn the door plug was installed by a sub contractor
:nerd:

It has been suggested that aircraft in question didn't have pressurization issues until after it came out of Wifi Mod, and Wifi Mod requires that the plugs be removed for antenna installation. I know it's fun to shit on Boeing, but if true this might not be Boeings fault.
see above article

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
AAR says "get fucked Boeing!"

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
apparently during the current grounding inspections United has found bolts on the door plugs that were not tightened to spec

Someone's violating company policy! :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I think it's the loose bolts right of the center of the image

not the can of Coors Grape Flavor or whatever that is

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
FUCK AIRBUS!!!

amirite?

With a few exceptions I think only the Russians use metric fasteners in aerospace. A typical commercial fleet can require over 20,000 fastener types and with pre-metric legacy aircraft still flying no single manufacturer has ever really made the effort convert, and their customers would probably not be happy.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
418047822_221760917657796_5678440615872236_n.jpg

my Max 9 flight was canceled due to the ongoing grounding.

rebooked on WN 2626, which is typically NG 737-700.