Quantcast

Shit that happens with boats, thread

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Am I missing something?

Crew at sea for 9 months, IE: definitely not covid anything.

Parties next to boat around no one but themselves?

Sounds legit.
Depends on how many "strippers" they hired...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Those motherfuckers wouldn't know a hand delivered recruiting video if it bit them in the ass.

Seriously, we're all over here in US going 'eh bro, you like video games?'

Show that to ANY UK adolescent and you've got yourself a willing and able fleet!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
My town's Harbormaster could use one of those.
He's been jealous ever since the MRAP showed up.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

Talking with my brother, former nuclear engineer, the fuel-oil is stored well below the water-line in coffer-dams, should be fairly safe (but not impossible to burn), most likely it's lubricating fuel and basically anything that's not steel at this point, with the fire-chief saying it may burn "down to the waterline" at this point.

I'm not going to say I know nothing about the military practice of cleaning tools and other things with fuel...

This part is funny:

Rear Adm. Philip Sobeck, commander of Expeditionary Strike Group 3, told reporters Sunday evening that while "there was a report of an internal explosion," the Navy is still unclear on the cause of the fire. He insists the ship will sail again.
I mean, yeah, they might have to tow the hull somewhere to scuttle it...

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Talking with my brother, former nuclear engineer, the fuel-oil is stored well below the water-line in coffer-dams, should be fairly safe (but not impossible to burn), most likely it's lubricating fuel and basically anything that's not steel at this point, with the fire-chief saying it may burn "down to the waterline" at this point.

I'm not going to say I know nothing about the military practice of cleaning tools and other things with fuel...

This part is funny:

I mean, yeah, they might have to tow the hull somewhere to scuttle it...
Should be fine, since jet fuel can't melt steel, right?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Rear Adm. Philip Sobeck, commander of Expeditionary Strike Group 3, told reporters Sunday evening that while "there was a report of an internal explosion," the Navy is still unclear on the cause of the fire. He insists the ship will sail again.
Apparently not

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
After the reception they received after saving their dumb asses, I would seriously consider yeeting them all overboard. Swim you stupid ungrateful fuckers.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
1 - i don't think they were yelling "flags"

2 - what's the nautical equivalent of a bro dozer rolling coal?

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego