Quantcast

Shit that I want to do someday...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Done a lot of cool stuff this life, want to do more. Been reflecting lately on what is left to do that would get me off. A partial, somewhat mundane, list, more to follow as inspiration strikes me.

- Run headlong or jump into into the ocean, fully clothed.
- Perfect and perform my stand up routine
- Make the perfect bbq sauce
- Be a background extra in a movie/tv show.

Comments? Critiques? Additions? Deletions? Anyone? Bueller...Bueller???

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have a tough time with these types of lists mostly because there is a ton of shit I would love and hope to do some day, but not so bad that I would feel unfulfilled if I didn't.

One thing I want to do and it will need to be sooner than later is a month or more seeing the USA on a motorcycle.

Having lived here my whole life, there is a TON I haven't seen. I have only been on the east coast once, spent 2 weeks in DC. But other than that, it's been ALL just California, Oregon, Washington, and a golf course in Idaho.

I have never been to Las Vegas. I have been to Reno and Lake Tahoe, but that's it.

I have seen more of Asia and Europe than I have seen in the states. :panic:

But I want to do it on a moto.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Done a lot of cool stuff this life, want to do more. Been reflecting lately on what is left to do that would get me off. A partial, somewhat mundane, list, more to follow as inspiration strikes me.

- Run headlong or jump into into the ocean, fully clothed.
- Perfect and perform my stand up routine
- Make the perfect bbq sauce

Comments? Critiques? Add ins? Deletions? Anyone? Bueller...Bueller???
You basically want to grow up to be jdcamb

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Ride a motorcycle from canada/US & A to Argentina. It was my plan to do so when I finished college in the US, to ride back home.. never finished college tho, so that aerospace engineering degree would be awesome to get too.
Drive spa-francorchamps in the rain
Ride one of those huge ass downhill rides (from 13k ft asl to the beach) with my son (now age 6).
See Roraima mount in Venezuela
See my kids experience an actual snowfall in a city for the first time in their lives.
Play chopin´s polonaise 53.
Race an ARCA/k&n regional race in Daytona/Talladega (yes, am an honorary redneck like that)
Walk my daughter to her wedding. My 2 olders sisters never got married in a church, so my dad could only walk my younger sister 2 months before he passed. For the last 1 year of his life, he truly was hoping to live long enough for that.. didnt understand why it was so important, until my daughter was born 2 days after he passed.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Comments? Critiques? Additions? Deletions? Anyone? Bueller...Bueller???
My brother did that, but it sounded like a real shitty experience, as they treat that extras pretty shitty, kinda like you should be grateful just to be here....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
My brother did that, but it sounded like a real shitty experience, as they treat that extras pretty shitty, kinda like you should be grateful just to be here....
I have a story!, uncle James!
I was an extra on the Doors movie. I had no real address, so I never got a check. A few years later, I was fitting ski boots for Oliver Stone in Telluride (he had a house there).
I jokingly mentioned it to him, just as conversation.
he laughed, and at the end of the trip, he left an envelope for me with $500.00 in it. That blew my mind.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I have a story!, uncle James!
I as an extra on the Doors movie. I had no real address, so I never got a check. A few years later, I was fitting ski boots for Oliver Stone in Telluride (he had a house there).
I jokingly mentioned it to him, just as conversation.
he laughed, and at the end of the trip, he left an envelope for me with $500.00 in it. That blew my mind.
:D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The snotch? Is that like, a body part?
Notch is the original line on the Whole Enchilada in Moab - very, very difficult
Snotch is the "easy" alternate line - very, very difficult

edit: I need to go look at the notch line, I haven't even looked since 2008. I think the tree on the outside which used to stop you dying has gone now?

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Notch is the original line on the Whole Enchilada in Moab - very, very difficult
Snotch is the "easy" alternate line - very, very difficult

edit: I need to go look at the notch line, I haven't even looked since 2008. I think the tree on the outside which used to stop you dying has gone now?
No - I think that was the tree that would KILL you. :D

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
After 50 it is very hard to pick up strippers from Portugal. No matter how much money or cocaine you have access too. Once your heart busts on one. All further opportunities will evaporate. It was a good run... Kind of sucks I am still not allowed in Canada. Thats where all the Portuguese Strippers went to sadly.
:hmm: