Quantcast

*^* Shit turdy *^*

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Study. Just got into a sneezing fit and have been sneezing for over 10min. WTF is that?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I ran 10 miles in some humid bullshit this morning. Now it's 10 AM and I am starting at a day full of nothing to do. Guess I'll go bring the bottles and cans back to the grocery store and pick up some dinner...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Here. Study. Just got into a sneezing fit and have been sneezing for over 10min. WTF is that?
it is the Anal SARS-1

I am planning on doing little today. Maybe an easy spin on the air bike. Checking in for flight home shall be done, too.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Went with kid and neighbor to watch the local AA baseball team get shellacked by a team from Grand Junction. Bad baseball was bad, but had a good time, crowd was pretty thin, fireworks after the game were awesome. I guess I kind of miss baseball. 7/10, will bang again.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
God dammit. Woke up early for work.

Then headed up to the bike park, to ride bikes. Realized I had forgot my wallet about half way up.

Traffic is fucking insane going up north. Wasted an hour retrieving the wallet and then getting to the park took almost two hours. Usually it takes about an hour. Fuck people.

But! Bikes and beer time.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
:wave:

Went with kid and neighbor to watch the local AA baseball team get shellacked by a team from Grand Junction. Bad baseball was bad, but had a good time, crowd was pretty thin, fireworks after the game were awesome. I guess I kind of miss baseball. 7/10, will bang again.
I'd say that's the highest enjoyable level of baseball. Professional leagues == FTS.

I miss playing ball game for sure.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Question: are such high country rides mostly about mileage, elevation gain and vistas, or are they technical as well?
This particular ride was a little bit of all that. The 9 miles of DH from the pass is a goddam hootenanny. And the dirt was just *velcro* which we don't get very often.

I do need to learn how to identify edible mushrooms, though - pretty sure I could have come out of the woods today with 25lbs of porcini.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Question: are such high country rides mostly about mileage, elevation gain and vistas, or are they technical as well?
Some have certain elements, most have all, though the technical factor varies. Sometimes it's steep chunk, other times it's high speed shale rock gardens, other times it's moderate tech but really exposed.

Regardless, it can easily turn into type 2 fun at any given point.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Some have certain elements, most have all, though the technical factor varies. Sometimes it's steep chunk, other times it's high speed shale rock gardens, other times it's moderate tech but really exposed.

Regardless, it can easily turn into type 2 fun at any given point.
Following up on this. Never-ending miles of downhill, starting above treeline in sleet, going through high-mtn low growth, pines, aspens, back into lower altitude pines, and then spitting out wherever the hell is a shit ton of fun. It also really tests your grip strength and endurance, just riding downhill. Also, go fast, hootenanny.