Quantcast

Shiver Choice

clandestine

Monkey
Sep 26, 2005
Vancouver, B.C
hey guys
i have a choice for a Shiver WC 2001 edition quite new no nicks for 500CAN, is the 01 worth it? does it perform like the 02's and up because ive read reviews "all shivers are the same except for the '01 model." or something like that

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
There is no Shiver "WC" - sorry. An '01 is probably not worth that much since there are slight differences between that one and the later years, mostly durability issues if my memory serves me correctly. Any by all that I mean you should buy mine :D

clandestine

Monkey
Sep 26, 2005
Vancouver, B.C
hahaha heya bomber
im just seeing some options right now
for sure id take the 03 anyday, but
im gonna see some locals first cause US conversion and that damn customs/duty is expensive

btw: its spose to be the World Cup Edition hence WC i believe

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Id go for the black shivvers. I believe the red ones are a tad different and thus might cause complications when trying to get parts. I dunno, do the red ones even have HSCV dampning?

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Cland. - I totally understand. Funny how Canada is still one of the most expensive countries to send something too even though you guys are out upstairs neighbors (at least thats what USPS tells me). Local buys are always more secure anyhow.

Once again, there is no World Cup version or anything. There is only the dual crown and single crown versions, and I don't even think there was a single crown for that year. The only fork with that trim is a Boxxer. Ask the seller what exactly the World Cup differences are...this should be interesting.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
bomberboy11 said:
Once again, there is no World Cup version or anything. There is only the dual crown and single crown versions, and I don't even think there was a single crown for that year. The only fork with that trim is a Boxxer. Ask the seller what exactly the World Cup differences are...this should be interesting.
yeah...and a search can turn up a lot of info...D
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/search.php?searchid=713024

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
In 2001, the shiver was called; "Shiver World Cup". That was the name of the fork in the catalog. It had nothing to do with a special edition, it was just the name of the fork.

SuPaFlY

Chimp
Jan 7, 2005
Toronto
There is absolutely no difference between any of the shivers up to 2004. The WC version came two ways, Mine was a WC and had no bolt holes for fork guards. If this is a WC it will be the exact same. Otherwise its a regular shiver and again, no difference durability or performance wise.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
SuPaFlY said:
There is absolutely no difference between any of the shivers up to 2004. The WC version came two ways, Mine was a WC and had no bolt holes for fork guards. If this is a WC it will be the exact same. Otherwise its a regular shiver and again, no difference durability or performance wise.
well like was said, it wasent a version, they just called it WC because they wanted everyone to know it was their top level racing fork (vs. Super/Mr/MonsterT). The early production forks didnt have the dropouts tapped for leg guards, the later models did (Marz offered to tap those early ones). Also in 2001 there were red/gold and silver/black ones depending if they were OEM or not, but no difference just cosmetic.

clandestine

Monkey
Sep 26, 2005
Vancouver, B.C
bomberman - i know its so retarded, we shud have free trades :D

lol i said World Cup Edition, then every starts saying, the Special edition :P

i think ill go for an 02 and up