Quantcast

Shiver on a Heckler

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Just curious if any has pics of the Shiver on a Heckler...??

I had an older 6" Boxxer on a Heckler & it seriously ruled !! Buying my old Heckler back soon & sold the fork i had .A Shiver is an option ....

oddblob

Chimp
Aug 4, 2004
Salem, Oregon
If you're like me you see this as an excuse to build the Heckler as a trail bike and buy something bigger to go with the Shiver. :-)

Such is the thought pattern of a parts whore...

Wade

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
i wouldnt wanna see it done, put like a 66 or something on it, bu then again, a shiver would be interesting, but i bet it would rake it out hardcore

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I've ridden my heckler with a 125mm fox coil, 6" boxxer, 6" sherman, and the current 140mm Pike air. I find the 140 to be perfect, with the 6" forks it was too raked out: Didn't turn right (pushed through corners, hard to weight correctly), the bb was too high, and the suspension felt unbalanced front and rear. With all the new single crowns I think a shiver is overkill for a heckler. Just my opinion but get something else or get a different frame.

:love:

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
I seriously hope you're talking about a shiver single crown...

The heckler is built around a 4-6" fork at the most... If you put a shiver on there(at almost 8") you will be voiding any sort of warrenty that the frame has, as well as it will ride like crap.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Yeah, the Shiver DC is too much.... Probably go with a Z150 or ?
I like slack a HA !

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
bigdrop05 said:
Yeah, the Shiver DC is too much.... Probably go with a Z150 or ?
I like slack a HA !
Not sure they even make the Z150 any more (?). I think you'd want one of the newer Z1 (if you want thru axle) or maybe an AM series for QR.

What I like about the pike is the amount of adjustability, the maxle, and the stiffness for relatively low weight. Dual air uturn and motion control work great and allow lots of different personalities.

Or Fox 36 which, at 160mm, is pushing it.

I like slack angles too but not if the frame ain't built that way.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
a shiver would rake the bike out waaaaaaaaaay too much. it would overstress the head tube which can lead to breakage, especially if you are doing drops on it.