Quantcast

Shiz is about to get real

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I'm honestly not sure if the sonogram is a nano-human or a kidney stone, but based on the comments so far, it sounds like it's the former. In which case - :rockout:

As Jeremy R said, kiddos are the absolute best thing ever, especially when they start walking & talking. That said, my little angel made a startling diagnosis this past week when I won an ad hoc game of book-on-head-balancing:

* My head is flat
* I have squinty eyes
* Therefore I likely have Downs Syndrome

Based on the stomach clawing laughter from my wife, she concurred with the observation. :think:

Yes. It really helps the fun factor when you have a clever smart ass kid. Here is the conversation I had with my 8 year old last week when I walked in the door from work:
Me: Hey, ya big dummy! (said in Fred Sanford voice)
Her: Daddy, do you know what I learned in gifted class today?...No, you probably don't because you never got to go.
Who is the dummy now? Boom! (followed by giggles and a dance.)

The force is strong with this one.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Pro tip: Double check the spelling of this company before you guffaw about their baby blankets:

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I await notice of the first time you get peed on........ Nothing, absolutely nothing...... says "I love you" like warm yellow water running down your leg before the 2 of you shower.

Now, at least you'll have a reason to shower that does not involve being dirty after some "you call that epic?" ride......

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
And so the process begins of:

1) Selling my house/buying elsewhere
2) Transferring jobs to another site (if I can) or getting another job
3) Trading in the Jeep for a 4 door or buying another practical/suitable baby hauler

#1 & 2 aren't new initiatives, as we've been talking about them for a while, but have now reached critical status.

#3 is clearly a new revelation.

Here, let me get that for you:
:popcorn:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

3) Trading in the Jeep for a 4 door or buying another practical/suitable baby hauler

#1 & 2 aren't new initiatives, as we've been talking about them for a while, but have now reached critical status.

Just get the minivan now. Unless you're REALLY committed to just the one.

:homer:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

1) and 2) -> are you moving out of the sticks and closer to Boston?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
1) and 2) -> are you moving out of the sticks and closer to Boston?
Unfortunately.....

Trying to stay outside 495 if I have to. Potential sites I could transfer to are Billerica, Bedford, Burlington or Danvers. So likely the clusterfuck that is 128 may be in my future again.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Congrats on the kid!

Congrats on the move! We just moved out to sudbury and the commute is longer but so much of so many things are so much nicer. Maybe you can still get that feel in carlisle or something.

Also, agree with a few people above. Kids are a giant time suck, but they are worth every minute. Except for babies, fuck that noise. If my #2 could go direct to 1 year old, I'd be 100% OK with that. I love my three year old, but up until about 6mo it was awful.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Congrats on the kid!

Congrats on the move! We just moved out to sudbury and the commute is longer but so much of so many things are so much nicer. Maybe you can still get that feel in carlisle or something.

Also, agree with a few people above. Kids are a giant time suck, but they are worth every minute. Except for babies, fuck that noise. If my #2 could go direct to 1 year old, I'd be 100% OK with that. I love my three year old, but up until about 6mo it was awful.
Rofl. Good luck buying something in Carlisle. That place is chock full of $500K plus homes, though it would be nice to be cozied up to Great Brook.

Also, I vote for getting another Town & Country. That is the vehicle I most associate you with broseph.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Could we afford a $500k house? Yes. Do I want to spend that much? Fuck no.

I'd like to keep it at $400k or less, but what that gets you in the areas we are looking is sad at best.