Quantcast

Shiz is about to get real

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Congrats. Do everything that you ever wanted to right now. Once mini-you shows up, it's game over.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
People talk about tradeoffs or even sacrifices, but what people normally do not tell you is that it often does not feel like sacrifices at all. It feels like exactly what in the hell you should be doing at the time. I enjoy the time I spend with my daughter just as much if not more than my ride days or race days or whatever else I want to do. It is an awesome experience and congrats, I hope you enjoy it!

PS Exception for piano recitals: Those blow hairy goat balls and should be avoided at all costs.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It's a balance. Just make sure you still take time for yourself and you and your lady. Ask for help. The best thing we got going is that both my parents and my wife's parents are pretty involved and watch the kids pretty routinely. We get time to ourselves and they get quality time with their grandkids.

It's pretty awesome teaching your kids stuff though.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
People talk about tradeoffs or even sacrifices, but what people normally do not tell you is that it often does not feel like sacrifices at all. It feels like exactly what in the hell you should be doing at the time. I enjoy the time I spend with my daughter just as much if not more than my ride days or race days or whatever else I want to do. It is an awesome experience and congrats, I hope you enjoy it!

PS Exception for piano recitals: Those blow hairy goat balls and should be avoided at all costs.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Although eventually they become teenagers.

And yeah, about the piano recitals. I'm fortunate to have 3 in piano... for the last 7 years. :dead:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I'm honestly not sure if the sonogram is a nano-human or a kidney stone, but based on the comments so far, it sounds like it's the former. In which case - :rockout:

As Jeremy R said, kiddos are the absolute best thing ever, especially when they start walking & talking. That said, my little angel made a startling diagnosis this past week when I won an ad hoc game of book-on-head-balancing:

* My head is flat
* I have squinty eyes
* Therefore I likely have Downs Syndrome

Based on the stomach clawing laughter from my wife, she concurred with the observation. :think: