Quantcast

Sho-Air/Specialized’s Tad Elliott takes 2010 U23 National XC Title

Oct 20, 2009
<p>The Sho-Air/Specialized team once again delivered a strong performance this time at the hands of its youngest team member, Tad “The Golden Boy” Elliott.</p><p>
</p><p>
The Colorado local used his high altitude prowess and recent strong performances to win his second U23 title in Grandby, Colorado against a stacked U23 men’s field on Friday.</p><p>
</p><p>
Elliot has already captured the 2010 Elite 50KM Cross Country Skiing National title early this year, before making his normal transition over to a spring and summer mountain bike racing campaign. His feature in cycling news can be seen viewed here: </p><p>
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/elliott-splits-time-between-cycling-and-skiing</p><p>
</p><p>
An ecstatic Tad Elliott (Sho-Air / Specialized) crossed the line as the winner of the Under 23 cross country national championship on Friday afternoon. Elliott finished ahead of Rob Squire (Felt Holowesko Partners) and Russell Finsterwald (Subaru / Trek).</p><p>
</p><p>
“I can’t thank my team enough, as well as Ned Overend”, commented Elliot just after the finish. “The guys over at Sho-Air really opened there team up to me, and worked with my skiing schedule early in the year. Ty Kady is a great team manager, and with Ned as a mentor, it’s a great combo. Plus team owner Scott Tedro supports such a great operation, I have to thank him as well,” continued the 2010 U23 Champion! “It’s been an unbelievable year!!”</p><p>
</p><p>
Elliott was one of several strong men who battled right from the gun. Squire and Finsterwald were among those with the fastest starts along with Stephen Ettinger (US National Team).</p><p>
</p><p>
This now makes Elliot a US National Champion in two different sports, within the same year….pretty impressive if we do say so ourselves!</p>

More...