Quantcast

Shock Making Honking Sound

SthFRider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2008
Atlanta,Ga
I have a pushed roco wc. It just started making a honking sound during compression. Its not leaking and it feels normal through out the stroke. I have tried messing with compression and rebound and the sound still happens. Anyone have any ideas what it may be. Do you think i need to get it rebuilt?

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
I have a pushed roco wc. It just started making a honking sound during compression. Its not leaking and it feels normal through out the stroke. I have tried messing with compression and rebound and the sound still happens. Anyone have any ideas what it may be. Do you think i need to get it rebuilt?
Have you checked to see if the spring is rubbing on the shock body?

SthFRider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2008
Atlanta,Ga
I messed with the spring and i think that was the problem. Its not doing it anymore. We'll see what happens after riding tomorrow

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Spring rub. My CCDB sounded like it was quacking the whole way down the trail until I cut off that condom thing.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Spring rub. My CCDB sounded like it was quacking the whole way down the trail until I cut off that condom thing.
hmmmm mine has done that periodically but I left in on as that thing is there for a reason. I'm running a Ti spring and the coils are fatter, therefore less space between the shock body and coil.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
That was with a CC and Manitou steel spring. I'm running a Romic Ti spring right now which is dead silent, but also much wider.

huntandride

Chimp
Feb 16, 2009
Reno
Anyone happen to know the warranty on zokes shox. I have a roco r that has air in it and drops out with a loud bang every time it fully extends