Quantcast

Shock Rebuild/Revalve

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Who's good at doing shock rebuilds/revalves these days? Got a Fox DPX2 that could use a little bit of love via a rebuild and ideally could use a revalve while it's in for surgery.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The DPX2 is internally limited by the base valve tuning capability and with
progressive linkages this makes the high speed square edged
bumps a bigger issue. The compression adjuster lever system on the piggyback does not use
a traditional shimmed tuning system and cannot be made compliant enough for
large volume created by the increased shaft displacement of progressive linkages and limits the high speed performance on square edged bumps.
Therefore we prefer to limit the tuning options for more regressive ending linkage systems.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Craig still being an insufferable douche? Or is all well as long as you don't have to interact with him?

I haven't been on an Avalanche shock since oh, 2008 timeframe...
No, the reason I posted that is that many tuners, not just craig, find that shock to be not worth tuning. The circuits are such that they are not independent and compression greatly affects rebound, etc. They don't have the level of internals developed for this to fix the issues because it's not practical, as far as how much has to be replaced. I would highly advise to junk it and buy a Bomber CR or similar if you want coil. Super Deluxe air if you want air-super easy to bleed at home and modify without tuners. I'm not sure putting $300 into the DPX2 makes sense.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
No, the reason I posted that is that many tuners, not just craig, find that shock to be not worth tuning. The circuits are such that they are not independent and compression greatly affects rebound, etc. They don't have the level of internals developed for this to fix the issues because it's not practical, as far as how much has to be replaced. I would highly advise to junk it and buy a Bomber CR or similar if you want coil. Super Deluxe air if you want air-super easy to bleed at home and modify without tuners. I'm not sure putting $300 into the DPX2 makes sense.
Good to know. I should probably stick to an air shock, as my SB5 isnt well positioned for a coil shock.

Super Deluxe air you say. I'll look into that.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I thought that was the float X2 and not DPX2. Am I mistaken?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
This reminds me that I should probably sell my float X2 and get something else. Mine needs a rebuild as well, but I remember not liking the shock. My monarch RT3 is somewhat better despite lower travel.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This reminds me that I should probably sell my float X2 and get something else. Mine needs a rebuild as well, but I remember not liking the shock. My monarch RT3 is somewhat better despite lower travel.
this reminds me I acquired an avalanche rear shock that needs to be revalved.

Last edited: