Quantcast

Shock service & DIY bleeding systems

Milleratio

Chimp
Oct 24, 2021
I'm about to send my suspension (DHX2 and 40 Float Grip2) to service this year but according to some youtube videos the bleeding procedure for DHX2 doesn't look too impossible. It would be more interesting to do it by myself than a real need.

What kind of shock bleeding systems have you built? What could be good place to source vacuum pump and the canister? Is it really needed or does an brake bleeding style system do the same magic?

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
I'm about to send my suspension (DHX2 and 40 Float Grip2) to service this year but according to some youtube videos the bleeding procedure for DHX2 doesn't look too impossible. It would be more interesting to do it by myself than a real need.

What kind of shock bleeding systems have you built? What could be good place to source vacuum pump and the canister? Is it really needed or does an brake bleeding style system do the same magic?
For many shocks...
Vaccum bleed isnt needed but vaccum bleed can make less mess if you do alot of shocks.

On some twin tubes or funky stuff its good to have.

Going too hard on the vaccum can actually introduce air past seals (like u cup seals that are directional)

Vaccum degassing oil before use and a traditional bleed can be as or more effective than vac fill.