Quantcast

shock settings pre '10 demo

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
hey guys. I know this is kinda a hail mary to left field, but I would appreciate the assistance if you can remember or have something on hand in a file somewhere.

I have a '09 demo 8 with a DHX 5.0 and CANNOT for the life of me get it to feel good again. I friend borrowed it and fiddled with the settings and I can't get it right again. Springrate is spot on so I just need some help with the other stuff. Riding terrain is fast/choppy with a jump or two thrown in here and there.

thanks in advance and +rep to anyone who can chime in.

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
I had this set up for a while. It felt great when dialed in. my suggestions are to check the air pressure. I know that every time mine felt bad it was usually a pressure issue. I cant remember what it was supposed to be set at but im sure the FOX site has it someplace. My issue came when I traveled from the east coast to colorado. I did not change pressure to compensate for altitude and it made my bike feel terrible until i figured it out. maybe your friend messed with that and didnt mention it. also another thing to check is pro pedal. that was useless in my eyes. keep it all the way off.

not sure if this helps at all

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
I had this set up for a while. It felt great when dialed in. my suggestions are to check the air pressure. I know that every time mine felt bad it was usually a pressure issue. I cant remember what it was supposed to be set at but im sure the FOX site has it someplace. My issue came when I traveled from the east coast to colorado. I did not change pressure to compensate for altitude and it made my bike feel terrible until i figured it out. maybe your friend messed with that and didnt mention it. also another thing to check is pro pedal. that was useless in my eyes. keep it all the way off.

not sure if this helps at all
don't think he did, but I will check anyways. good idea, its possible that it is different from 30 degree winter riding to the 80 degrees it was this past weekend.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I did a search and I think this is the most appropriate place to ask this question. I'm on a 2008 Demo, and I just took out the shock (DHX 5.0) and cranks to give it a good cleaning. Since my shock is off, I figured I'd check the settings a bit closer. I bought the bike used at the beginning of last season and haven't really played with the shock settings other than acquiring the appropriate spring for my weight, adjust rebound and turn off the propedal (who needs propedal on a DH bike? especially one that's not being raced?!). anyways, my question is:

is the IFP pressure affected by rider weight? In other words, as a heavier rider (215lbs wo riding gear) should I be running more IFP pressure?

if anyone cares to list what their settings are here for pre-10 Demo's I'd appreciate it.

Thanks...

Sly