Quantcast

shock spring cause scratches

roloXbike

Chimp
Sep 11, 2009
Slovakia, Bratislava
Hi,I need help,Ive got manitou swinger 4way shock (9.00"(230mm) x2.75"stroke), and I bought manitou titanium spring for it(3.00"x450),I know that this spring has bigger stroke than my shocks... this spring cause scratches on shock body and I dont know how to solve it .. I tried different preloads,different spring position-spring sits good in shock but its not centered- spring is still on one side closer to shock body and there it cause scratches...I dont want to change my spring yet,only when it cant be able to solve,so please if somebody has some idea give me an advice.and sorry for my english.. thx.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I have found a lot of ti springs do this. The only ti-spring that does NOT rub is the obtainium. IMO The collars keep the spring centered.

You might try a search, too. There are a couple threads on how to fix this.

roloXbike

Chimp
Sep 11, 2009
Slovakia, Bratislava
So do you think that collars solve my problem or there should be more problems? I ve tried to find out some treads about this but I ve not found same problem with rubing spring..imo thx for reply

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
I had this problems with my fox DHX5.. my DU bushing needed replacing and I had to tighten up the coil on the shock

roloXbike

Chimp
Sep 11, 2009
Slovakia, Bratislava
okey, so what I found until now is, that my spring need to be "perfectly" centered and that should solve my problem... I will try to find out some spacers/collars and I ll hope that it solves it...If anyone has other idea how to center my spring, it´ll be good to know..