Quantcast

Shocks

Who makes the best aftermarket DH rear shock?

• Total voters

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I wanted to vote for RST but there wasn't an option.

I think all the high end shocks are pretty descent these days. There's always one person who's had a bad experience with one shock when everybody else sings praise, and there's always somebody who's had a good experience when the rest have been screwed.

I've been pretty happy with my 5th element, now that I finally understand how it works and what all those little knobs do.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
freeridekid said:
what is so great about avalanche anyway? do they even have anti-bob?
have you seen one in person? they are simply larger, on a motorcycle scale -- you can get them rebuilt at mx shops at least. plus craig will custom valve it to your bike, weight, riding style either when you buy it new or if you send it in (for a fee).

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
johnbrittain said:
how long has avy been in business?? and does curnutt make an aftermarket shock??

Yep, curnutt makes an aftermarket shock. I just bought one.

Unfortunatly they are only for FOES bikes.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
no way to answer that, one shock does one thing better while another shock does another better, and so on, you cant really directly compare those. Some would be suited for racing, while others, well a bit on the heavy side, plus depends on the bike, some frames do better with one shock than with another

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Kanter said:
Thats really not aftermarket then is it?
they have several distributers (like go-ride) and you can essentially buy the shock aftermarket for your Foes bikes if they didn't come with one originally. They don't make them for any other brands, that is true, because of their outrageous eye-to-eye length and diameter, but technically they can be ordered aftermarket...just not for anything else :D I don't know how it will be....I'll post a review if anyone is interested.