VA
ok here's one! ok maybe two....

Mattoid03 Nose Wheelie

same thing shot courtesy of Wolf

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
The only riding shot I took all weekend...Stiff hitting a drop off of one of the DH runs near the bottom of the sport course (but not on the sport course). Whale has a better pic from a different angle.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Originally posted by DamienC
The only riding shot I took all weekend...Stiff hitting a drop off of one of the DH runs near the bottom of the sport course (but not on the sport course). Whale has a better pic from a different angle.

Sweet!!!!

here are some photo's shot by Wolf!

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Sweet pics Sean and Wolf!! :thumb:

Snowshoe shuttle

Ballhooter lift servicing the freeride park

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Snowshoe = bomb diggity. Love the pics castle that kid on the bighit with the blue madmax and the red fox jersey is sexy.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
Muhhahahaa snowshow is the best place ever; Beutiful trails, sick stunts, freindly staff, amazing bike shop, and good food. I bought my season pass without a second thought:D

Thanks for the pics guys! I hope to see you all there next weekend! :D

....one more big grin for good measure:D

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
Originally posted by mobius
Snowshoe = bomb diggity. Love the pics castle that kid on the bighit with the blue madmax and the red fox jersey is sexy.

Hmmmm that dude was alright, cute, but skinny and mildley obnoxtious.... that guy on the purple big hit with the light blue fox jersey/mad max lid was just DAMN HOT though.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
here are a collection of my photos from snowshoe. i was only there to ride all day on sunday and monday was a washout. so, not a lot of action photos... too busy riding!

trying to get there as fast i could on sunday morning

the horse on the road on route 92 incident (it was far away by the time i got my camera out)

stiff checking out a rock drop

stiff dropping

stiff catching a few ZZZZZZZss waiting for the shuttle to leave

bike shot: my newly acquired (nused) zig-zag pretending to be FR/DH... had a lot of fun riding it out there!

"warning" sign: feature ahead!

another feature

setting up for a photo session for one of the drops (that's damienC waiting for his turn)

damienC landing clean on the previous drop pictured

the drive home on monday morning down snowshoe mountain

the skies cleared out about an hour out of snowshoe for a nice drive back home to DC...

i had a great weekend at snowshoe! my only regret was not being able to come up a day or two earlier to hit more stuff. i really wanted to check out the mx course as well... NEXT TIME! mmmm... more BBQ and deep-fried PB&J sandwiches!

oh, did anyone happen to get any pics of the MX course?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Man that was fun as hell! Nice meeting some of you monkeys. I have a bunch of video footage, it will probably take me a couple days to get it all sorted out... those stunts rock, pics don't even do them justice :thumb:

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
Sweet pics! I know i met one of you guys out there somewhere on the lift. That place was amazing!

oh yeh i was the moron riding the 243 with the kenda k-rad on the back that bit it in that little rock section after the boulder drop :D

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Here's my contribution...
All photos © 2004 Jason dela Cerna

night session on the gravel jump...

The fog with the flash...

http://www.freeride.org.vt.edu/coppermine/albums/Snowshoe%20photos/normal_snowshoe%20photos%20046.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.freeride.org.vt.edu/coppermine/albums/Snowshoe%20photos/normal_snowshoe%20photos%20025.jpg

8it

Chimp
Apr 6, 2003
NYC
Hey whale nice pics, I was the guy with the blue bullit hanging with the guys with the Super8, M1, and the stinky's.
Man that was a great weekend, and we did hit the MX course and it was insane, really fast. We only hit the upper part because they were working on the lower part. There is this nice size step up coming out of a berm that kicks over a tabletop into a steep tranny that was nasty. The guy on the M1 hit it and almost cleared it and got the jump named after him (Gasman) and the guy on the Super8 hit and cleared the jump but left his bike behind (one of the nasty spills we had all weekend).
That place is really fun!!!

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Originally posted by 8it
Hey whale nice pics, I was the guy with the blue bullit hanging with the guys with the Super8, M1, and the stinky's.
Man that was a great weekend, and we did hit the MX course and it was insane, really fast. We only hit the upper part because they were working on the lower part. There is this nice size step up coming out of a berm that kicks over a tabletop into a steep tranny that was nasty. The guy on the M1 hit it and almost cleared it and got the jump named after him (Gasman) and the guy on the Super8 hit and cleared the jump but left his bike behind (one of the nasty spills we had all weekend).
That place is really fun!!!
thanks man... i wish i had more time out there and got some more pics. oh well, NEXT time!

yeah, i think CBJ was telling us about the super8 "superman" w/out a bike jump. sounds like fun... can't wait to see the MX pictures.

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
Originally posted by DHracer1067
so whats the difference between takin the bus up and takin the chairlift up. do they go to different places?
the shuttle was on the DH side of the mountain and the lifts are on the free ride side of the mountain. I was a little confused at first until i got my directions on the mountain straight. Heck, i might even still be wrong.