Quantcast

Shoes

It's getting to be new shoe time - I have been using AXO ISS Vertigos, and like the velcro closure with no laces, and ankle support. It doesn't look as though they're still available.

Anybody got recommendations for an equivalent shoe?

Oh yeah, by the way, I'm cheap, spent all my money on jerseys. :D

J

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'm a cheap bastard, too - but I would still recommend Sidi shoes. My Dominators are at least 7 years old and scuffed to all $hit, but there is no, I repeat *NO* seam issues, sole issues, etc.

Which is more than I can say for almost any pair of footwear I have *ever* owned. Those damn Italians apparently know footwear. :thumb:

-S.S.-

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Its all about the specialized Saw Pit.

These shoes are the ****. I love mine... A little pricey at 150, but SPD or flats, Carbon sole, very stiff shoe. a bunch of ankle support. The foot bed is very comfortable. More comfortable than my hipster Italian Camper shoes. Any specialized dealer can get them.

Plus they look sick.

From the Specialized site...

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=10149

"First shoe to fully recognize the performance and protection requirements for the aggressive trail rider. The namesake of one of our favorite testing trails in the Santa Cruz Mountains. It is known for it's steep drops, high speed technical rocky sections and some serious hike-a-bike

Patented Body Geometry Technology uses unique design to increase comfort and efficiency: Varus wedge, metatarsal button, medial arch support. Design is scientifically proven to measureably increase performance in elite riders & designed to reduce injuries
First shoe to use molded carbon impact protection panels
High-traction rubber outsole for off the bike and pedal hookup
Padded Body Geometry insole for arch support and forefoot comfort
Durable upper with wide, breathable mesh panels
TrailTraction cycling plate is stiff yet walkable
SPD and Time pedal compatible (Note that cleats are provided with your pedals when they are purchased) "

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
check out the shoes from 661.. they have a model for $50 bucks that are really nice and comfy too... if i could only remeber the name of them

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
=[Stinky]= said:
Its all about the specialized Saw Pit.

These shoes are the ****. I love mine... A little pricey at 150, but SPD or flats, Carbon sole, very stiff shoe. a bunch of ankle support. The foot bed is very comfortable. More comfortable than my hipster Italian Camper shoes. Any specialized dealer can get them.
I had a pair of Specialized shoes - not the Saw Pit, but some others many years ago. Their durability was abysmal. I think I got two seasons out of them.

Maybe they've improved things?

-S.S.-

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
SkaredShtles said:
I had a pair of Specialized shoes - not the Saw Pit, but some others many years ago. Their durability was abysmal. I think I got two seasons out of them.

Maybe they've improved things?

-S.S.-
I have had them for a season now. No issues.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I noticed my shoes are to tight and are begining to cut off circulation. Time for a new pair as well.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
I'm a cheap bastard, too - but I would still recommend Sidi shoes. My Dominators are at least 7 years old and scuffed to all $hit, but there is no, I repeat *NO* seam issues, sole issues, etc.

Which is more than I can say for almost any pair of footwear I have *ever* owned. Those damn Italians apparently know footwear. :thumb:

-S.S.-
Wumpus may want to weigh in. I personally am done buying Sidis. The most recent ones have not lasted me more than a year.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Sidis are nice shoes... They last. I havent tryed that police boot, but I always hate the flat feel of the soles, in their xc and road shoes. But still, no support. the insole is a fla peice of foam... poop.

Those saw pits are schweet b/c they have a really comfortable insole with nice arch support. There are also gel pads on the ball, and heel of your foot.