Quantcast

shoes

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
I need a new pair of shoes but I want to get a pair the I can ride with but I also need to be able to wear them to school. I ride flats and don't want a dorky looking pair of shoes.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
any pair of vans with their standard waffle pattern. If you discover that the sole is too soft, get some vans skate shoes with that pattern. That's been my BMX/MTb guideline for the past 15 years.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
vans or nike's 6.0 because of the waffle sole. The 5-10 low aren't that stylish for everyday use, but if you ride DH everyday after school, then you are one lucky bastard and could make a compromise.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
they are 2 days old. still a bit stiff, of course they dont give the same level of grip as my impacts on the bike. but still really good.

thats all i can say for now.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
buy whatever shoe you think looks best.. then get them resoled with stealth rubber

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
vans or nike's 6.0 because of the waffle sole. The 5-10 low aren't that stylish for everyday use, but if you ride DH everyday after school, then you are one lucky bastard and could make a compromise.
I might make that compromise because I have a DH trail in my backyard that I do get to ride every day.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
The new California 5.10s are a different rubber, but the regular Impacts do not have non marking soles and can mark up floors, walls and anything else you slide a bit on. Great for riding, not so great for school and such.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
The 'stealth rubber' logo on the sides doesn't mean it's the same vertical wall walking stuff as the impacts?

Grippier than a standard skate shoe?
The stealth rubber is just as grippy as the normal ones, the guys at 510 said the only difference is the fact that they are non marking