Quantcast

Shoeshoe this weekend

farrell

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
DC
oh thats right. well last year I had to make the choice for free pit passes at ozzfest, or the blue knob race. I went with ozzfest. So I gues I wouldnt hold it agenst you

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I can deal wih it being muddy. But last weekend after it rained Sat morning every thing turned to ice it was so slick.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
farrell said:
oh thats right. well last year I had to make the choice for free pit passes at ozzfest, or the blue knob race. I went with ozzfest. So I gues I wouldnt hold it agenst you
Thank you! 'cause denjen been gloatin' ALL mornin! :p

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
It's not to bad out right now. Still wet pools where the water sits but i can rail throug the trails fine without losing traction in corners.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
I might be heading up there tomorrow sometime. If I can get all this work done. Gotta call Derrick and Casey and make sure I got a place to crash.

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
mobius said:
It's not to bad out right now. Still wet pools where the water sits but i can rail throug the trails fine without losing traction in corners.

Man, what kind of tires are you running where you rail and not loose traction when cornering?

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Denjen -- I'm heading up there today thru monday. If you wanna ride ask Derrick or someone at the shop where I am. I'll be on a blue stinky with dangerboy plates, romic and Jr.T. And hopefully trying out one of snowshoe's Freightrains (Stab supreme with 888).

bill

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Had a great time at Snowshoe this weekend. Weather and conditions were perfect.

Found out a couple things about NORBA. The pro course will be the same as last years with some changes. If it stays dry it will be a very fast course.
Beg/sport couse will be regular sport course into sweetdreams which will also make for a very fast course.

Dennis

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
The pro course will not be run down hair ball??

If not great! I had nightmares ..............about racing that course......at speed

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Yeah every time I have gone down hairball it turned into a nice walk down the moutain. I was kinda looking foward to seeing the pros blast through there at warp speed. I was told they want to keep the finish lines for the two courses apart, so they can run beg/sport at the same time the experts race.

Dennis

Jun 4, 2002
Berryville, VA
denjen said:
Yeah every time I have gone down hairball it turned into a nice walk down the moutain. I was kinda looking foward to seeing the pros blast through there at warp speed. I was told they want to keep the finish lines for the two courses apart, so they can run beg/sport at the same time the experts race.

Dennis
Where would be the finish line be for the sports? Before the little uphill section on sweetdreams?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Sadly no i've been trying to tell trevyn (tpro) that people won't like it since people find a way to bitch about everything but he said its gonna be like that. It's noit to bad just pedal into it downshift before pedal up and shift up and u can come otu with speed sprinting.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Dartman said:
That's gonna blow the heck outta Sweet Dreams. :(
My thoughts exactly

If you hit the bridge just before the uphill wide open you can get up it easily, but then you are very out of breath and still have a flat couple hundred feet sprint to the finish.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I put on tires today! Sweet dreams will get beat up but it's not to bad a trail to maintain so shouldnt be bad to fix.

Dennis just workout more and ur set! :p

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
pedal up hill in a DH race, huh

That should be fun especially if it rains. It will be even cooler at the end of a exhausting 5 minute race run.

5min of extreme anerobic activity+ rain + uphill + typical pudddle at base of up hill + WVa. mud = fun, fun, fun!

Good thing I will be in Whistler!