Quantcast

Shop Corruption/Shady-behavior...

splat

Nam I am
It's the sad, sad state of the world that competent people are often ignored, and the incompetent are praised and rewarded. Unfortunately, it'll be something you will experience over and over again.
I have had Incompetant fools Promoted around me , and when I complained . I was told you the best person we've ever seen in this position and we can't afford to lose you. ????? ( 6 months later I left )

Like BV says, a lot of times the good people get overlooked.

Do what's best for you, and don't look backwards. Every job is experience for you next, and everybody you meet is a potential employer tomorrow. Just keep moving forward.
exactly what he said . get out get a new job you will be better for it andwill have learned some valuable lessons.

but you can't cook haddock stew in the shop. 60 miles north of Austin, btw.
You are a ball buster !! , no Haddock stew!!

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
#1 - Sounds like you work for Performance.

#2 - This is the Performance way, if you work there. They hire idiots who typically don't even have any bicycle knowledge. I still occasionally shop at Performance, but only in need of tubes, so they never make more than a few dollars off of me. I hate the way that they do business, and think that most of the people who aren't in the back building and working on bikes are schmucks who really don't give a crap about the bicycle industry.

I think the big-wigs at Performance need to pull the dollar-laden stick out of their butts and focus on the industry, and who they are hiring. Who knows... I could be the man to help them straighten out their stupidity. But they sit in their cushy offices on Performance Way in North Carolina, and dictate how things are supposed to be in California without ever having looked into a single store more than once a year, only to scream at the managers "Make more money! Make more money! Cut costs! Pay less! Sell more bikes!!!!!"

Hate that place.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
That sucks, and I know it's hard to move on, but I think you should.
I wouldn't burn any bridges though- just in case, ass kiss a little more, get a letter of recommendation, then bail.
No use in messing up a good reference if you've put in all of this effort and they still like you.
You can even ask that they include the part about you taking the initiative to start the bike clinics, and how it has become this great thing. Managers of any type of business will like that part (even if it's not a bike shop).
Getting a good reference could help you when you move to Canada. It sounds like the managers like you, but they're dicking you around, so you should be able to squeeze out a good recommendation.
Good luck man!

Oh yeah, and WAIT to mail the letter to corporate until you have your new job :)

Last edited: