Quantcast

Shopping Carts in the Wal-Mart Parking Lot

powderboy

Monkey
Jan 16, 2002
See Dar Hills, OOTah
Has anyone else noticed that Wal-Mart shoppers are the laziest bunch of friggin rednecks around? Why is it that there's always a shopping cart sitting in every empty space and in front of every car in the parking lot. Without fail, every time I go there, I take 2-3 carts to the cart corral--usually one from in front of my car so it doesn't get banged into my Subie!

I don't mind Wal-Mart because their prices are so low, but I'd prefer to shop at Target... much cleaner and well organized. I digress...

It just drives me nuts how friggin lazy people are. I mean, how hard is it to run the cart to the corral?

I've never worked at a Wal-Mart, Target, etc., but they must waste a ton of time gathering all those carts unnecessarily.

Is it a reflection of the type of people who typically shop at Wal-Mart (see Jerry Springer Show) or is it a reflection of the utter laziness of Americans in general? What do you think?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
target and wal-mart in one post? wow.

I like how you ask, "are wal-mart shoppers the laziest bunch of friggin....", then you say "every time I go there..."

yes, wal-marters are average americans. overweight and probably listen to country music. :nuts:

powderboy

Monkey
Jan 16, 2002
See Dar Hills, OOTah
pnj said:
target and wal-mart in one post? wow.

I like how you ask, "are wal-mart shoppers the laziest bunch of friggin....", then you say "every time I go there..."

yes, wal-marters are average americans. overweight and probably listen to country music. :nuts:
Yeah... kind of the pot calling the kettle black, but you know what I mean. I guess I'm just attracted to the bouncy Rollback smiley face. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I shop at a store called Aldi's. They have a place you put a quarter in on the handle of the cart to unlock it. You get the quarter back when you return it. That way they don't need cart people so it saves you money. Not sure why Walmart hasn't figured this out yet. People always return the cart.

powderboy

Monkey
Jan 16, 2002
See Dar Hills, OOTah
dh boyeee said:
i would take carts from people and get all of their quarters
When I was a kid, we would roam the Sea-Tac Airport parking garage in search of SmartCarte luggage carts. We would get a quarter for each one we brought back. I think they changed that so you get SmarteCarte tokens back instead of actual money. Lame!

That Aldi's shopping cart depost thing is a good idea, but not very practical on a Wal-Mart scale. I don't know about you, but I don't ever just have a quarter sitting around. But, if I got in the habit, I may just keep one in the car for that purpose...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
powderboy said:
When I was a kid, we would roam the Sea-Tac Airport parking garage in search of SmartCarte luggage carts. We would get a quarter for each one we brought back. I think they changed that so you get SmarteCarte tokens back instead of actual money. Lame!

That Aldi's shopping cart depost thing is a good idea, but not very practical on a Wal-Mart scale. I don't know about you, but I don't ever just have a quarter sitting around. But, if I got in the habit, I may just keep one in the car for that purpose...
Right! YOu think all these people have quarters just lying around. Hey if they don't well then they just don't bring a cart.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
powderboy said:

Hey so did i!!!! Cool we used to ride our bikes there, then stash them in the bushes and run around the airport in the middle of the morning. We used our paper route for cover, why sneak out when you can use your job as an excuse.

powderboy

Monkey
Jan 16, 2002
See Dar Hills, OOTah
Skookum said:
Hey so did i!!!! Cool we used to ride our bikes there, then stash them in the bushes and run around the airport in the middle of the morning. We used our paper route for cover, why sneak out when you can use your job as an excuse.
Yeah, there were a few times when we'd walk out with like $15 - $20 each in quarters. We could cover alot of ground with those carts...

I grew up in Des Moines, so we were close to the airport. We'd go and ride the tram and hang out in the International terminal... slide down between the long escalators (before they installed those bumps)... good 'ol days!

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
Well, if you have to shop Wal-Mart and get bored, here's a few things to do to liven up the experience:
(apologies if you've seen it already)

12 Things a Man Can Do at Wal-Mart -- While His Wife Is Shopping

1. Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5 minute intervals.

2. Walk up to an employee and tell him/her in an official tone: 'Code 3 in Housewares' -- and see what happens.

3. Go to the Service Desk and ask to put a bag of M&M's on lay-away.

4. Move a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

5. Set-up a tent in the Camping Department -- and tell other shoppers you are sleeping over; invite them in if they bring pillows from the Bedding Department.

6. When a clerk asks if they can help you, begin to cry and ask: "Why can't you people just leave me alone?"

7. While handling guns in the Hunting Department, ask the clerk if he knows where the anti-depressants are.

8. Dart around the store suspiciously, while loudly humming the theme from "Mission Impossible."

9. In the Auto Department, practice your "Madonna look" using different sized funnels.

10. Hide in a clothing rack . . and when people browse through, say: "PICK ME!!! PICK ME!!!"

11. When an announcement comes over the loudspeaker, assume the fetal position and scream, "NO!...It's those voices again!!!"

And last but not least:

12. Go into a fitting room, shut the door and wait a while . . . then yell loudly: "There's no toilet paper in here!"

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
powderboy said:
Yeah, there were a few times when we'd walk out with like $15 - $20 each in quarters. We could cover alot of ground with those carts...

I grew up in Des Moines, so we were close to the airport. We'd go and ride the tram and hang out in the International terminal... slide down between the long escalators (before they installed those bumps)... good 'ol days!
trippy! did you go to Rainier? i don't remember much from high school but i was there 85-89.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
powderboy said:
I was at Federal Way HS actually... a bit later... 89-93.
nice, did you hear they renamed Sea-Tac Mall the Commons? haha just thought i'd update you on some stupid local news since your away now. :p

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I've pretty much quit shopping at wal-mart, my wife still makes me stop in there occasionally though. If you're referring to the wal-mart in Orem it's a mess, but definately a class above the wal-marts in slumern california. My saturn is so beat up I've gotten to where I'll try to corral the carts without getting out of the car, it's fun untill you push one into the side of some rednecks F150 who's just sitting there waiting for something exciting to happen, then he'll jump out and yell so many profanities you can't tell which one he's yelling.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
what sucks is having to go out in the summer, when it's about 110 on the pavement, wearing pants, to round up all those carts. then getting bitched at 'cause you weren't wearing a vest, then getting bitched at 'cause the carts aren't all rounded up. then you realize it's not your job to get carts, so you tell the asst. manager to go them herself, since she's wearing shorts and hasn't done any more than walk from a register to a desk all day.

god i hated that job.

J

JRB

Are you mad because you worked at Wal-mart??? Maybe you should write songs for morrissey.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
loco said:
Are you mad because you worked at Wal-mart??? Maybe you should write songs for morrissey.
well, i hated the job, but i'm not mad about working there. it was easy money, and Adam and i pretty much ran the pet department and stationary (even though we were day stockers). i really hated the asst. manager. she was a dumb bitch. also got super pissed when i'd work more than 8hrs a day.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
I once watched a lady at WalMart load her shopping into the trunk of her car. Once she was done, she closed the trunk, shoved the cart away from herself and let go. It rolled 2 cars over and ran right into the side of a truck. She then got in her car and drove away.