Quantcast

Shore Style trails.

AvidGuy

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
Lurking.
Which ones are still around...
or which ones have deceased rather.

ones which are fairly public..bighit trail stunts?
in north west washington
anything worth riding, or keep going to canada.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
People know about that, so risking cryptic suggestions isn't that big of a deal. I don't think people lurk with discontent on here. Maybe on MTBR...
Isn't 38 also still up, or do we consider that DH?
There's a town near my town that is getting some sweet DH/FR'ness.
Not sure what the tree farm looks like now, might be worth checking into.
What else do those Sammmammammimish guys ride besides the exits? Might do to ask them too.

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
sst, a sort of local trail called grande ridge, at the top of the highlands, sort of a fast paced singletrack with some flat drifty-corners but nothing amazing and challenging
whistler for sure
and some other sort of secret places im not sure im allowed to mention
(bb)

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Please use private msg option, even if you think everyone knows about a trail its not good to talk about it. Galbraith is good, but the shore is only 30-45 min further.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
probably the closest thing to shore is e27.... PM me and you could prob meet up with us next time we go and we can show you the ropes

38 is still there but its mostly DH, except for a pretty fun skinny trail

and theres a Ridge trail... (bb) that is also really fun and has had a LOT of recent work put into it....

once again, im not going to tell directions to these over the forums, but if you want to ride it, just PM me and we'll talk

Jun 18, 2004
best thing to do is try to ride w/as many different peep's as possible and soon you'll be taken to all the diff freeride hot spots in West Wa.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
probably the closest thing to shore is e27.... PM me and you could prob meet up with us next time we go and we can show you the ropes

38 is still there but its mostly DH, except for a pretty fun skinny trail

and theres a Ridge trail... (bb) that is also really fun and has had a LOT of recent work put into it....

once again, im not going to tell directions to these over the forums, but if you want to ride it, just PM me and we'll talk...

...scratch that, you're on your own finding these trails
Man, what a tease!:huh: :disgust1:
;)
You really won't get much info online. Your best bet on finding out the dirt on the trails would be to hit up SST and talk with the locals there...that's how I found out about half the stuff I ride these days.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
'Cause our **** is illegal. Basically, in Washington, we can't build trails on public land, only private. In Oregon you have things like Blackrock and Hood River, which is well known and built on public land. Andy, correct me, but isn't SST kinda sketchy too? I'm not sure what the deal is with that.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Dude, most of it is sketchy because the laws are different down here, and people can get sued for millions just for owning the land that someone gets hurt on, regardless if they weren't even aware of the trail! It's a huge flaw in the legal system, but that's the way it is down there. It makes all the lamo's rich if they hire good lawyers, makes all the lawyers rich, and the rich land owners less rich. Don't get me started.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Private property? Yup.
A secret trail system? NOPE

maps are all overthe web if you just choose to look.

Local websites:

www.ridegalbraith.com

That "other" make you pay for anything site.

Local knowledge maps available at local shops or through the local bike club. WHIMPS

Generically, most unauthorized trails around here stay that way for a couple of reasons.
A: They are not built to handle more than light traffic.
B: They will get torn down by the landowner if found.
C: The builders do not want other riders "fixing" their trails.
D: The trail has difficult features that riders with lesser abilities may ride around or get hurt on.
E: Unknowing or uncaring riders finding out about it from "a friend of a friend of a friend" and disrespecting the trail and the builders through their actions. (See first 4.)

Ultimately, what gets unauthorized trails shut down is the inability for the land owner to continue to look the other way due to liability concerns due to threat of lawsuit or just simply the place getting "too" well known and over ridden and trashed along with an increase in garbage at the area.

There may be other reasons but that's what I think.

Jun 18, 2004
It's all out there under sno pass, you know? and I think there's more wood going up based on the cedar shake and transport dolly that was left w/in view (that is if your eyes are open) of the trail head of one of the local spots... but hey it's all about discretion... I mean don't pm me and ask me where I saw somebody that I don't know of starting to be built? ... rather just pm and ask me to help build, you know?

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
YEah I know, but is it too private to give out directions to get there and stuff?
No, because Trillium openly and legally allows mt. biking, and has a strict set of quality guidelines for stunts, trails and conduct. This is a good thing because it means whatever stunts are built are of a very good quality, but it also means that they can do whatever they want with the land. Logging over trails is not a rare occurrence, but it just means we (with the help of the WHIMPS) get to build new ones. Also, there is the chance that they could develop or sell the land, but so far it doesn't look like they want to do this.