Quantcast

Short DH clip of my "backyard"

ustemuf

Monkey
Apr 8, 2010
Bay Area
Well, not technically my backyard, but I basically live at the bottom of the hill :) I moved here about a year ago when I had just got into mountain bikes a couple months before. I've basically learned how to ride here, lotsa bruises, and it's been an awesome experience.

Sadly, I'm moving away this month about 30 miles away so I wanted to shoot my favorite line down the hill. Last Sunday my friend came out and we shot a lil clip so I could have a good memory of it.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Thats quite the trail to have in your backyard man. Solid riding. What a place to learn to shred.
Do you hike that or shuttle it?

ustemuf

Monkey
Apr 8, 2010
Bay Area
It's gnarly in the summer - super dry and loose. Also so many loose rocks, it's a horrible place to crash, the ground is not forgiving at all - I have all the burns and scars to prove it :p

Both.. it's very easy to hike up. Hike from bottom to top in about 10-20 minutes depending on the fitness level and route taken. Shuttle in car is about 2-3 minutes one way.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
man I have spent alot of time there, used to sneak out of the hospital to ride there, was out there one day with a chest tube and wired jaw, built alot of cool lines out there.

looks like everything is pretty much the same

the san jose merc did a story on my out there and made a vid

http://www.mercurynewsphoto.com/blog/2007/06/05/an-injured-soldier-finds-new-purpose/#more-1684

I ended up going to nationals and taking 2nd

the only other place I liked to ride as much as dmc/carlmont was pacifica