Quantcast

short seat post

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Wow, that is tiny! I'm trying to think of where leverage issues might come in (like if you have your post to high and not enough inside the seattube, things will bend or break) but, with super small seats/posts/extension I imagine that eliminates the issue.

I just wonder at what point a hard landing to the back of the seat will just rip out that little nub. Probably never.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Probably. Back in the traditional rail days I would have said that for sure, but pivotal stuff seems a little different. I dunno, I run rails, and a slammed Thomson that is uncut. Call me wierd and heavy I guess.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Lol, I was actually thinking about my T1, not my Tonic, but both could stand to be cut. I am the type that prefers to ride then mess with my stuff and for the Oz or 2 that we are talking its just not worth it at this point. Maybe over the winter when I have nothing else to do, or I could just not eat that third piece of pie in a couple days and save the same weight. :-)

To each his own.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
i hear ya. i ride plently, but there are those days when its rainy, or i'm hurt, and i stare at my bike and try to see how i can get jiggy with it. man, when i cut my thomson, i was using such a dull saw it looks as if i chewed the thing off. fun fun :)

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
I don't get why people pay more for the shorter posts.
Why not just buy a regular one, for half the price, and cut it however short you want it... Sheesh.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I don't get why people pay more for the shorter posts.
Why not just buy a regular one, for half the price, and cut it however short you want it... Sheesh.
My animal post is 4 inchs and cost a silly 23 dollars. If I already had the pivotal seat, why is this hard to understand? What decent seatposts are you finding for nearly 11 dollars?