Quantcast

short stroke ti springs-Progressive/DSP

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
There was a guy on ebay selling Progressive ti springs awhile back, but I cant find his listings anymore. The Progressive ti springs use to be the lightest smaller stoke ti springs. Anyone know what the lightest 450x2.5 ti spring is now? Can you still get the Progressive ti springs anywhere? Anyone have a 450x2.5 they want to sell? My new XC bike is almost done. :)

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
That guy on ebay basically bought all of progressive's remaining mtb ti springs when they called it quits. He drip fed them onto ebay slowly over about 3 years, and I think he finally ran out. Bit of a shame, I bought a couple of them myself.

I think for the lightest offerings now, I'd look at DSP (weights given on site) or possibly manitou.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yep, that guy was awesome, I got a spring for my Bottle Rocket for about $50.

I'm no help on the Ti spring front, but I do have a spare steel spring in that size if you want it.

Also, what is your "XC" bike that takes a 2.5" stroke shock? :D

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Yep, that guy was awesome, I got a spring for my Bottle Rocket for about $50.

I'm no help on the Ti spring front, but I do have a spare steel spring in that size if you want it.

Also, what is your "XC" bike that takes a 2.5" stroke shock? :D
Well, my Socom was my do all bike for the last 2 years. Then I bought the 951 and HammerSchmidt as my do all bike and decided to get a AM/XC bike, too. You will just have to wait and see. :)

If you have a 450x2.5 steel spring for a DHX Ill take it for now. PM me your info.

Last edited:

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Just give DSP a call. They are as light as claimed about 80% of the time and Fadi will hook you up. Very knowledgeable crew over there. Have bought three ti springs from them personally and do all of my shops Ti orders through them.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I have a 450 2.75" ti spring but it might work on a 2.5 as well depending on the free length. Cheap, let me know and I will measure it for you.