Quantcast

shorts?

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
im in need of a new pair of rideing shorts.

what do you think is the best?

im leaning towards tld, i want to get 661's but i cant seem to find them. did they stop making them? or did the never make them?

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
i have a pair of azonics that are good for dh and freeriding...good padding...but no pockets(not that they're needed for downhill anyway) i also have a pair of oakleys that are good for xc and commuting (they have zippers that allow air through the crotchal area) and they have lots of pockets

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I have two pair of Oakley shorts that I use for XC riding. Good butt padding(if you don't wear padded shorts then these are a bit much). Decent airflow. Durable. Sizing varies--they are both XL -- one is tight; one is loose.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I loved my Nema Crown Jewels when I had them. Lasted for years and very comfortable. They have some freeride offerings now, as well as a few cheaper options.

I have heard awesome things about the Oakley shorts from a number of people. Personally I just rock a few pairs of REI Slickrock shorts. Lightweight, pockets for riding around town, and they cost $15 a pair when on sale. No padding though as they are a hiking short.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have a camo pair of Moose Creek cargo shorts I got for $8 from Sierra Trading Post.

Last race season I wore Carhartt canvas work shorts and they held up awesome ($12 also from Sierra Trading Post).

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
lol burly

i ended up getting

661 filter spd shoes

and

royal funtion zipper shorts

only cause of the 45% off bs otherwise i would have got fox or tld

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I just got a set of the raceface 3/4 length. They fit skinny guys really well without looking like spandex.

Though, Dickies are hard to beat for the price...