Quantcast

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
With the idiot right wingers yelling things like "Kill him" (About O) at McCain rallies, and the trailer park types still beleiving he is Muslim and wants to take their guns, I got to wondering...
Facing the very real possibility of an Obama presidency, what do you think the odds are that some idiot would try to kill him?
(Phrasing this all very carefully in case Big Brother is watching RM...)

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i've wondered this as well. there are still large numbers of stupid, hateful people in the united states.

and thanks to the nra, they all have guns! :monkey:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well, there's always going to be some crazies out there. Timoth McVeigh types I guess.

Always a possibility.

As for odds.... 17:4

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
yeah i heard other canadians saying that obama is probably going to become another martin luther king. apparently there isn't much choice for people to vote in usa. he will probably become elected but will he pay the ultimate price.. i can wait and see.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I don't think the odds would be much higher than for Bush. The really dangerous guys aren't the toothless rednecks.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
Facing the very real possibility of an Obama presidency, what do you think the odds are that some idiot would try to kill him?
(Phrasing this all very carefully in case Big Brother is watching RM...)
The odds could end up being pretty high when the mass of his followers realize how robbed they were by his campaign.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I really don't understand how a normaly socially functioning human can not work out that when someone points a camera at you...... You should be very careful in choosing your words.

Here a citizen journalist captures the bigotry and knuckle-dragging stupidity of punters at a Sarah Palin campaign rally,

Fvcking depressing really. :(

bohorec

Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Why? It's totally normal that people vote for person who will represent their interests better. Who could possibly represent retards better than a retard?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Who in their right mind would assassinate Bush to get Cheney in office.

Somewhat on the other side of the coin who would assassinate McCain to have Palin in office.

Obama has an old white dude, which to me doesn't seem like good insurance policy to me. There was a Chris Rock skit done awhile back talking about how a black man would be a vice-president and never a president. Pretty much to the effect that the black guy would serve as insurance to prevent the serving white pres. from getting assassinated. Was pretty funny, but there is an element of scary truth to it, and so i thought that Hillary would have served an excellent running mate in this regard.

But if you ask me, if Obama get's assassinated it will be because he's not in anyone's pocket. And the patsy will be selected to represent racist motives. Call me a pre-conspirator, but that's how i see it.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
That video... wow.

As an American, I am absolutely disgusted that some of my "fellow" Americans could be so ignorant. It's truly unfortunate that these people are born with the right to vote.......

:plthumbsdown:

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
Think about it, who gets assassinated? Assholes? No. Revolutionaries and progressives? Yes.

Lincoln
JFK
MLK Jr.
Gandhi
etc...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Think about it, who gets assassinated? Assholes? No. Revolutionaries and progressives? Yes.

Lincoln
JFK
MLK Jr.
Gandhi
etc...
Cart before the horse on many accounts. If he get's elected, we'll see what direction he goes. What if he's more moderate than what (normal) people perceive him to be, that coupled with the fact he needs cooperation of other people in power, including the American people.

Anyways a pretty fantastical/morbid topic.

Last edited:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Wow...just wow. I know there are crazy people on both sides but I stood in line of 28,000 people (for almost 4 hours) to see Obama last weekend and I heard nothing nearly as crazy and racist as most of those people in the videos.

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
Cart before the horse on many accounts. If he get's elected, we'll see what direction he goes. What if he's more moderate than what (normal) people perceive him to be, that coupled with the fact he needs cooperation of other people in power, including the American people.

Anyways a pretty fantastical/morbid topic.
Really Obama only needs to be elected to become a symbol of progress, a symbol that some Americans may despise.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
The crowds in the video were predominantly white and middle aged...they will soon go the way of the buffalo. I am amazed at the idiocy of some people. Is Strongsville near a nuke plant? Cotton plantations? Tobacco farms? Lots of power lines?

I would like to punch the annoying blond in the face...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
It's depressing to me that we worry about a candidate being shot because of his race more than a president being shot because he committed war crimes.

It's comforting to know that in 10-20 years the cultural landscape of the US is going to continue to diversify and squeeze these fvckers out.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
All of the sudden moving to Costa Rica is looking better and better.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
As regards to the above videos, I don't think there needs to be too much hand-wringing or pronouncements of woe. You'd see worse at any big sports game pretty much anywhere in the world.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I have this funny feeling that its going to be one of these mongoloids who is going to whack him. Kennedy saw the writing on the wall, and I suspect Obama has too. Gotta give him respect for going up against that and still wanting a ****ty job that doesn't even have intern head anymore...