Quantcast

splat

Nam I am
Think about it, who gets assassinated? Assholes? No. Revolutionaries and progressives? Yes.

Lincoln
JFK
MLK Jr.
Gandhi
etc...
Revolutionaries ?

JFK ??? ( No F****ing way a revolutionary )
Garfield ?
McKinley ?
I would not even call Lincoln a revolutioanry, a strong leader who had to make some very tough, and Un popular decisions yes.

and if you a conspiracy theory type you can throw Harding and Taylor into that mix as well

then you can go with the list of Attpemts on Presidents

Andrew Jackson ( Jacksons own accounts say he was hit , most other accounts say he was not , not that Jackson had an ego or anything . )
Theodore Roosevelt ( was actually shot, but kept talking some politicians you can't even shut up with a bullet )
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Harry S. Truman
Richard M. Nixon (2)
Gerald R. Ford (2)
Jimmy Carter
Ronald Reagan (was actually shot )
George H.W. Bush
Bill Clinton (2)
George W. Bush

revolutionaries ??? I don't think so.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Someone needs to be fired - they can't claim this was an accident:

TROY, N.Y. - Who is running for president? In an upstate New York county, hundreds of voters have been sent absentee ballots in which they could vote for "Barack Osama."

The absentee ballots sent to voters in Rensselaer County identified the two presidential candidates as "Barack Osama" and "John McCain." In the United States, the best-known individual named Osama is Osama bin Laden, leader of the al Qaida terrorist group behind the 2001 attacks that destroyed the World Trade Center in New York City.

The typographical terror error was first reported by the Times Union of Albany.

The elections office faxed a statement in which the two commissioners, Democrat Edward McDonough and Republican Larry Bugbee, said they regret the error but never acknowledge what the error was.

"It's human error, it's very unfortunate, it's an embarrassment to our office, obviously," McDonough said in a later phone interview. "We wish we could turn back the clock, but we can't."

When they discovered the mistake, officials shredded the remaining "Osama" ballots and mailed correct versions to the roughly 300 people who had already received them. McDonough said the "Osama" mistake was made in only one of the 13 ballot versions mailed throughout the county, located east of the state capital of Albany.

Voters who received both versions will be allowed to send in either one and have it counted, McDonough said.

Obama spokesman Blake Zeff said the campaign is "glad officials are working to correct this error and we assume it won't happen again."
Bugbee - Tim you know this guy :D ?

Last edited:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Bill Hicks FTMFW!! When I see politicians I always think about that bit:

"'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.' 'I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking.' 'Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!'"
i couldn't help but think of south park when i listened to that.

"the corporations man!" :rofl: :rofl: (not necessarily disagreeing with hicks, southpark just nailed it though.)

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
Revolutionaries ?

JFK ??? ( No F****ing way a revolutionary )
Garfield ?
McKinley ?
I would not even call Lincoln a revolutioanry, a strong leader who had to make some very tough, and Un popular decisions yes.

and if you a conspiracy theory type you can throw Harding and Taylor into that mix as well

then you can go with the list of Attpemts on Presidents

Andrew Jackson ( Jacksons own accounts say he was hit , most other accounts say he was not , not that Jackson had an ego or anything . )
Theodore Roosevelt ( was actually shot, but kept talking some politicians you can't even shut up with a bullet )
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Harry S. Truman
Richard M. Nixon (2)
Gerald R. Ford (2)
Jimmy Carter
Ronald Reagan (was actually shot )
George H.W. Bush
Bill Clinton (2)
George W. Bush

revolutionaries ??? I don't think so.
I was referring more to Gandhi and MLK when I said revolutionaries.

Notice how many assholes are on the assassination "attempt" list though :banghead:.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Someone needs to be fired - they can't claim this was an accident:

i'm pretty sure biden called him osama almost a year ago. maybe another nor'eastern liberal. whoever it was got a pass - that much i remember

where were you when he did this? would you protest the claim that was then an accident? why didn't you then call for his ouster?

Last edited:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
lol.. liberals have been wanting to kill/lynch/alabama hotpocket bush for 8 years..

bottom rail on top now.
Liberals = everyone that doesn't worship Bush.

You are so messed up in the head i wonder how you manage to keep logic from entering your skull at least once in a while.

Y'know ole Bush could be tried for war crimes in Iraq. If Obama get's in office he's going to adopt the war, and he could be considered a war criminal too. Let's see you run with that one.

So many guns assassinations, why can't they do it like Japan with swords.

WARNING GRAPHIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4KROpdUkrM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4KROpdUkrM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
It would be interesting to see what would happen if they tried Bush as a war criminal. Its a hell of an idea, seeing as we've (as a nation) pushed for those leaders who invaded another country without provocation or right of law to be hung from the nearest yard arm.

Wonder if we can get the Hague on the red line and get their take on things.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

i was going to link to results for "kill bush", but i don't have enough internet

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
That's neat it has a constant of big rhetorical notes you can use like sub-titles to help as a guide.

Not a real good side by side as it's a march through a street fair. It just seems you'll get a different mix of people out on the street where people are looking for crap to buy, versus a political event where people expect politicking.

And finally there is not threatening rhetoric focusing on misinformation of a candidate that could lead to violence against the president.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/dannywestneat/2008257389_danny12m.html

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
And finally there is not threatening rhetoric focusing on misinformation of a candidate that could lead to violence against the president.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/dannywestneat/2008257389_danny12m.html

Speaking of misinformation that could lead to violence, I was truly stunned by this transcript of an interview with the lil old lady who in a televised campaign rally told McCain that Obama was an "Arab".
It's no so much that the Palin/McCain Campaing is spreading misinformation but it is being used to do so by fear/hate mongers.
And this lil old lady is quite clearly terrified!

And to link this to the "Shot at Obama" thread, with all these deliberate lies being spread to incite hate and or fear. How long before someone with assassination capability comes to believe that filth? :nopity:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
My hottie neighbor stopped by here yesterday. I already think she is dumb as a stump (So dumb it over rules her hotness...), but this clinched it. She was talking to my wife about politics, and she thinks Obama is a Muslim (Again, because of his name...), that he wants to turn the country over to his Muslim pals, and he wants to give away the countries nukes (No more proliferation...but I have heard nothing about giving away nukes.) and disband the military.
It was good to hear my 15 y/o put her straight.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Since we're on such a morbid topic, I wanted to mention (and I think Manimal will appreciate this) that I was highly impressed by the security at the Obama rally last week. There were snipers and dudes with gigantic binoculars everywhere. I even took some pictures of these guys standing on the roof. The rally was held in a high school football stadium which was right beside the high school and you could see guys in the windows of the school just watching for something to happen.

The only lapse that I heard about is one of my staff members was able to walk within about 50 yards uphill of his bus as he was getting off to address the crowd. :poster_oops:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Since we're on such a morbid topic, I wanted to mention (and I think Manimal will appreciate this) that I was highly impressed by the security at the Obama rally last week. There were snipers and dudes with gigantic binoculars everywhere. I even took some pictures of these guys standing on the roof. The rally was held in a high school football stadium which was right beside the high school and you could see guys in the windows of the school just watching for something to happen.

The only lapse that I heard about is one of my staff members was able to walk within about 50 yards uphill of his bus as he was getting off to address the crowd. :poster_oops:
doood...those are just spotters for the real assassins. it's all a conspiracy!!!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
My hottie neighbor stopped by here yesterday. I already think she is dumb as a stump (So dumb it over rules her hotness...), but this clinched it. She was talking to my wife about politics, and she thinks Obama is a Muslim (Again, because of his name...), that he wants to turn the country over to his Muslim pals, and he wants to give away the countries nukes (No more proliferation...but I have heard nothing about giving away nukes.) and disband the military.
It was good to hear my 15 y/o put her straight.
Your wife's 15?!????!! Duuuuude....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
doood...those are just spotters for the real assassins. it's all a conspiracy!!!
Actually Obama is a Manchurian Candidate, only when the trigger word is spoken he turns the country over to The Secret Waffle Society.

Then and only then where there truly be peace throughout the galaxy.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
and punishing achievement, and adding more taxation on to all tax payers, and growing government, and growing the welfare state, and appeasing terrorists, and kill the unborn, and killing the just born, and wanting to silence those who don't agree with them, and standing silent while dead people vote, and still standing silent while others vote multiple times, and .....

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
and punishing achievement, and adding more taxation on to all tax payers, and growing government, and growing the welfare state, and appeasing terrorists, and kill the unborn, and killing the just born, and wanting to silence those who don't agree with them, and standing silent while dead people vote, and still standing silent while others vote multiple times, and .....
Have you been around the last 8 years:huh:

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
:panic:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
new yorkers are more educated & informed than you give credit, especially harlem voters. even howard stern could rip your case to shreds with this:

i'm really disappointed in you, n8

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
WATZ???

and punishing achievement,
If you are able to burden a little more and refuse to, you're an inconsiderate F#ck in my books.

and adding more taxation on to all tax payers,
Well I'm not going to be taxed as much, how about you? Redistribution of priorities is a nice thing.

and growing government,
Where have you been the last 8 years? Look if you're libertarian that's cool, but if you fancy yourself a republican and you aren't kicking and screaming at your boys now then you are bat nucking futs

and growing the welfare state,
Generalization, but there are welfare's available for all kinds, not just po' people. I think the biggest problem is the policing of them.

and appeasing terrorists,
Dictionary my friend. Didn't know that liberals gave into the demands and made concessions to terrorists. You have examples? They may have different methods, but appeasing is certainly the incorrect term.

and kill the unborn, and killing the just born,
This will never be figured out. How you want to deal with religious ethical questions is up to you and your family, and how other people live and deal with this issue is their choice IMHO. The separation of church and state is one of the foundations that this country is built on. Maybe if you don't like it you should move somewhere else???

and wanting to silence those who don't agree with them, and standing silent while dead people vote, and still standing silent while others vote multiple times, and .....
Same with republicans :thumb: