Quantcast

Should have new bike pics in 10 hours.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
that's cool, i am buying a new bike tomorrow too. kinda similar.

it's a cheap way to allow me try DJ'ing this winter. should have it by the middle of next week, in time to ride next weekend.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I'm thinking of rockin the general lee 24. Mostly because I'm not sure if I will have enough cash to buy woo's DOC

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
chicodude said:
I'm thinking of rockin the general lee 24. Mostly because I'm not sure if I will have enough cash to buy woo's DOC
That DOC is nice. I didn't have the cash either but I probably would've found some way to scrounge it up. My wallet is happier that he said he couldn't sell it to me because he was holding onto it for you. I think the DK will be a good bike, and the price was right.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
dfinn said:
That DOC is nice. I didn't have the cash either but I probably would've found some way to scrounge it up. My wallet is happier that he said he couldn't sell it to me because he was holding onto it for you. I think the DK will be a good bike, and the price was right.

Yea, I rode it and it felt perfect. I need to sell a freakin' kidney or something.

I bet kevin accepts kidneys....

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
Funny this thread showed up, Im considering selling my 26" and getting a 24" (general lee, backtrail, etc.) because I've realized that its not financiallysmart for me to keep throwing all the money that I am into my DH bike and my street bike when I need to finsh school and start investing. with a 20/24" you can beat on it for awhile and not have to replace anything, the parts are stronger and cheaper!

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Uh, pegs on the wrong/uncommon side? You gonna LHD that?

But good job getting a 20, so much better for street and tight dirt jumps.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
that looks fresh! How much did that set you back? What are the specs?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Nice new bike!

I have a redline 360. Like ^, but its chrome w/ red/blue stripes. I have eastern bikes sealed pedals (awsome pedals), a tigo comp x rear tires (its a good tire- very good traction and wears long), tioga enduro stem (after I stripped the stock one), oddysey teflon slick brake cable. The brake on it is a very, good- it just needs a tefon cable.

Its not the greatest model, but its good enough for me. The cranks have been bent for a while. I know someone who is going to give me his old 1 piece crank when he replaces it. I have some pegs I want to put on it.

My axles are a little short for pegs. Could I get slightly longer ones?

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Specs, was $400, but was able to get a trade in from a road bike I never use.

Oversize Certified 4130 CR-MO,6mm dropouts, Gyro Mounts
Fork
SE 1 1/8" Landing Gear, 6mm dropouts, Certified 4130 CR-MO
Headset
FSA Mallet 1 1/8" Threadless AheadSet w/Forged CR-MO Lower Cup
Handlebars
SE Wing Bar for dirt, 25" X 7.5", 4130 CR-MO
Stem
SE BMX, Front Load 1 1/8" Alloy
Grips
SE Custom Kraton Rubber
Brake Lever
Tektro 274A 2 Finger Alloy
Brake(s)
Tektro FX-15AD Dual Cable U Brake, Rear only
Seat
SE Dirt Jumping w/custom cover, Oversize Rails
Seat Post
SE Micro-Adjust CR-MO, Two Bolt Clamp, 300mm
Seat Clamp
SE Alloy
Crank
SE 3-pc Tubular CR-MO, 180mm
Chainwheel
SE 39T 5mm Alloy w/Grind Plate
Chain
KMC Z410 1/8"
BB
Euro Sealed Cartridge BMX 8T Spline Axle
Pedal
Wellgo Alloy Platform w/replaceable pins & CR-MO Axle
Rim
AlexG-22 48H Triple box rim, Aluminum w/ground sidewall
Front Hub
Formula DJ-21 Sealed Bearing, 48H, 14mm nutted Axle
Rear Hub
Formula DJ-22 Sealed Bearing, Flip Flop 48H, 14mm nutted Axle
Spokes
Stainless 14 Ga.
Freewheel
ACS Heavy Duty 14T 1/8"
Tires
Kenda K-Rad, 20 X 2.125" Front, 20 X 1.95" Rear
Pegs
1 SET
Gyro
SST Oryg
Extras
Chain tensioners
Colors
Ice Blue, Doom
Geometry

Head tube angle
Seat tube angle
Top tube length
20.5"
Chainstays
14.25"
Seat tube length
11"
BB height
11.5"

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
I think its because you don't want the side you're grinding on to be the drive side. That way you would be hitting your chainring and chain while grinding.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Oh, I just though it could be funny that an agressive rider had the completely wrong bike for his style, but then got the right bike.......nevermind...my jokes are always stupid...

J

JRB

johnbryanpeters said:
My LBS had a whole row of Haros when I went in the other evening. I got more than a little twitchy - wanted one right off. The question I'm asking myself is how much I'd actually ride one if I got it. :think:
Likely never - like me, but that shouldn't stop us.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
johnbryanpeters said:
OK, I suggest that you buy a top notch bike, don't ride it, and send it up to me. Deal? :D
Then when you never ride it you send it to me, where it will get ridden.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
sweet bike.

as far as the pegs go, it is not SOOOO uncommon to see people with pegs on the right side of the bike. it really all depends on which side you are comfortable grinding on.

I went back to LBS last night and determined that the models they have on the floor are the Haro Nyquist One and the F3 - both are $300- entry level bikes.

After spending a while on Haro's ADD Central web site, I can't understand the difference between the two models. The Nyquist has a hair longer top tube and a half a degree slacker head than the F3. The Nyquist is also almost three pounds lighter.

What it comes down to is I don't know what the hell I'm looking at.

Any insight?

J