Quantcast

Should I Become :gasp: A Freakin' Roadie?

pedalkicker

Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
earth
Ha ha ha!!! Get it, sell it, build a real bike, but don't hang it on the wall or let me catch u riding it or I will have to snap pics :busted:.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
nope it wasA 20" and the guy started changing prices as I grew interest.. first the fork was included then not.. whatever i didn't want to deal with someone that plays games anyway. Id rather pay an honest person more.

so thinking of selling????? :)
Everything's for sale if the price is right.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I'm a little embarrassed that I have so many road miles this year, but I'm kind of strong and I have lost more than 20 lbs, so I'm really ok with it.
It will take some getting used to as I like bombing around a little bit, riding wheelies, flicking cans/garbage into traffic with my front tire, etc. during the commute and not worrying that a rigid carbon bike under me will collapse.

We'll see what happens. I've always wanted to do a century...

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
It will take some getting used to as I like bombing around a little bit, riding wheelies, flicking cans/garbage into traffic with my front tire, etc. during the commute and not worrying that a rigid carbon bike under me will collapse.

We'll see what happens. I've always wanted to do a century...
I don't go crazy, but I'll hit a little bump or two for air from time to time. :busted:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
In all her glory:

I dunno if I'm feeling it though. Only rode it a few blocks so far. Will take it for it's maiden commute tomorrow and see what's up...

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I don't think so. It's some integrated FSA headset weirdness. Check it out if you want. I'll be in Phoenix around 6:30-7.
Very nice rig!
I had a tricked out Lemond roadie for awhile, I miss it sometimes. A high quality road bike is like a sports car, they just freakin' go. And they are purdy to look at.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
My very first roadie ride! You feel every little bump and almost laid down the carbon goodness when I caught a groove. My hands are sore, and I'm still not convinced it's for me. The speed was fun, but I think the seat and bar could use a little dialing in.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Go get a proper fit, life will get better
Gotta figure out hand positioning as well. Do roadies brake with one finger or two? I'm too used to having my size 12 pointer finger just resting on the brake lever ready to go.

Bizzaro when I'm all stretched out trying to brake:

The modulation is sick though. I just need to figure out the Record action I guess.