Quantcast

Should I Become :gasp: A Freakin' Roadie?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Why would you possibly want to do a crazy thing like that? Are you looking for a better commuter or something?
Yea, the singlepeed I'm riding is great, but I need some more speed and I could throw a 2-3 mile little climb into my commute and still save time getting home.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I know nada about road bikes but that seems like a good deal - since you actually ride all the time it's probably a worthwhile investment for you.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
If its that bike and its new... 1700 is beyond a steal.

jump on it before they guy that stole it gets caught.
Nah, a roadie from work who has more money, bikes and cars than he knows what to do with wants to get me into the roadie scene.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Get it, ride it for a week, sell it on E-bay for $3000 then send the guy you bought it off pictures of the hooker snorting blow off ya knob.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
If you don't buy that bike, I am personally going to to drive down there and cockpunch you.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Would you actually ride it on the road, or stay on the sidewalk ?
:biggrin:
fuq you. :biggrin:

Most of my 18 miles home is dedicated bike path or unused sidewalks in Scottsdale, but when I get into central and downtown Phoenix, I would not be curb hucking that bike, but my Camelbak will be lit up more than any of BAH's bikes...

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
We'll see what happens. I miss my ol' Stinky and I hate the new ones, but I should at least end up with some 6/6 bike that I can beat around on.

Maybe something to just ride wheelies on at the trailhead.

:think: :imstupid:
I guess you can always borrow Markskee's Chumba, at least then someone will ride it...:biggrin:

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
Get two. One for me in a 58
:stupid:

when i get mine, i'll get it repainted in Celeste green because a Bianchi in any other color is sacreligious. that is a FANTASTIC deal your getting. as far as the wheels, Mavics are my choice too. i got a set of Open Pro CD's i got 15yrs ago and they are still true and never had to do anything to them, and those were my race and training wheels for 5 yrs. Colorado Cyclist built them for me so that should say something about their wheel building abilities. check out Neuvation too, they usually have deals and i've read some good things about them.

Last edited:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Whaaaa?

I thought you had one hooked up.

nope it wasA 20" and the guy started changing prices as I grew interest.. first the fork was included then not.. whatever i didn't want to deal with someone that plays games anyway. Id rather pay an honest person more.

so thinking of selling????? :)